Failing to print UPS Shipping Labels

Hello Folks,

FYI, very new area to me…

Epicor 10.1.500.17
Epicor Manifest

When printing UPS Shipping labels we receive a dialog box with the following,

"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occured on a send".

Here is the log entry seen in e:\ManifestPrintJobs\PrintMonitorLog.txt

2018-01-18 15:45:39,460 [4] INFO - Print Monitor Service stopped.
2018-01-18 15:46:14,977 [1] INFO - Print Monitor Service started.
2018-01-18 15:46:14,992 [4] WARN - CheckForInstalledPrinters - The default printer (\computername\printername) specified in the configuration file is not in the list of installed printers.
2018-01-18 15:46:14,992 [4] INFO - LogApplicationConfigurationSettings - Print monitor has the following configuration settings set in the app.config file:
Archive print job files: True
Crystal Report .rpt files locations: E:\ManifestReports
Default printer: \computername\printername
Log file location: E:\ManifestPrintJobs
Poll interval: 1000
Directory to monitor for print jobs: E:\ManifestPrintJobs
No printers are aliased

2018-01-18 15:46:14,992 [4] INFO - LogInstalledPrinters - The following printer(s) are installed and accessible to Print Monitor:
Microsoft XPS Document Writer
\Ezlok-ship1\EZLOKUPS
\sf-shipping1\TCIUPS2844
\TCI.tciprecision.local\SHARP MX-M453N PCL6

Previously, when seeing an error similar to this in the log we were told this could be due to the server not having a default printer set. Indeed there was no default printer so I added a printer and set a default. I then stopped and started the InsiteShip Print Monitor Service. Tried printing again and received the same error dialog and same log file entries.

I have no clues where to look next.

Thanks for any help.

-Clark

It looks like the default printer still isn’t set. \computername\printername is specified as the default printer. Maybe try setting it again?

Just to clarify… The default printer setting I’ve done is in the Windows / Devices and Printer area. Is this the right place? Or is there somewhere within Epicor I need to set the default printer?

Thanks, Clark

This turned out to be an issue communicating to UPS. The msg from Epicor said “UPS has changed their security protocol - an update needs to be applied to manifest.”

I applied the update supplied by Epicor. This update was the replacement of the following DLLs in the IIS InsiteShipV3 web site /bin directory.
Insite.Ship.CarrierService.UpsApi.dll
Insite.Ship.CarrierService.FedEx2014.dll

All is well again.