External Data Source support for 32 bit ODBC drivers

Epicor 10 supports external data sources, but in order to access a configured DSN it has to use a 64 bit ODBC driver. This seems a bit odd given that Epicor is itself 32 bit, but is understandably the default since Windows Server has been 64 bit since 2008.

Please add support for 32 bit ODBC drivers to the External Data Source feature of Epicor. There are many legacy systems still in use (Progress 9.1D being a relevant example) that only have 32 bit ODBC drivers and will never have a new 64 bit ODBC driver written for them.

I agree with @Hally here. In order to reduce my system complexity, I would use the 32-Bit ODBC to copy the tables to SQL Server. Now you have the data that is easily linked with External BAQs AND you don’t have to support running an out-of-date version of software with all the troubles that come with.

Mark W.

As it turns out, Epicor 10 DOES support 32 bit ODBC drivers. These steps enabled them for me:
https://epicweb.epicor.com/Education/OnlineHelpFeatureSummary/Epicor%20ERP%2010/10.2.200/enu/Standard/ExtDatasource/ExtDataSourceMaint_32vs64bitODBC.html

Now to figure out what to add to Advanced Properties tab to get the port number in there…