Expanding Job Entry Tree

Ok. So I am able to get my expand job tree code to fire on a button no problem. Works great. What I cannot seem to get to work is firing on change of the current JobHead record.

I would like users to enter Job Entry / Tracker, and when they input a job or search and bring it up, it will run my expand tree code. I've tried using an EpiViewNotification event, but it seems to work only randomly. I'll open Job Entry, and it works every time, but then I close Job Entry and re-open it, and it does not fire at all.

Happy Holidays and Thanks in advance.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bobschnable" <bschnable@...> wrote:
>
> Just putting this out there for anyone else who encounters something similar.
>
> A fellow group member ( Thanks Bernie ) pointed me in the direction of the .NET Reflector. This is a great tool, and I recommend it for anyone who is developing anything more than light customizations in VB or C#. I was able to find my ExpandAll() method, and found the parameters I needed to pass through.
>
> I encountered my next problem when the ExpandAll() would not expand beyond anything more than the first level. It would expand all operations on Asm 0 and each Sub Asm, but if you had additional sub assemblies on those sub assemblies or operations on them, they were missing. I ran a trace and found that when right-click Expand Tree is selected, there is a GetDataSetForTree method called, so I threw that in my code before the ExpandAll(), and it works great.
>
> Hope this can save someone all the time I spent on it.
>
> Thanks again.
>
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bobschnable" <bschnable@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Group,
> >
> > I am writing VB customization for our Job Entry screen. The base idea behind the logic are several loops that go through each Assembly, Sub Assembly and Operation and return data. Through testing, I've found that when I expand each assembly on the tree view, my code works. I don't need to expand the operation branch, just each assembly. When I don't it will not give me the operations in that assembly. Likewise, if I have a sub assembly, and I don't expand my top level assembly, I won't get data from that sub assembly, or it's operations.
> >
> > So finally on to my question. Is there a way, whether it's through more VB code, or some auto_load form option, that you can expand the tree view on population of a job number in the job num field. The code I have works great, but it makes it moot if they first have to expand all assembly branches of the tree view before running it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Bob
> >
>
Hi Group,

I am writing VB customization for our Job Entry screen. The base idea behind the logic are several loops that go through each Assembly, Sub Assembly and Operation and return data. Through testing, I've found that when I expand each assembly on the tree view, my code works. I don't need to expand the operation branch, just each assembly. When I don't it will not give me the operations in that assembly. Likewise, if I have a sub assembly, and I don't expand my top level assembly, I won't get data from that sub assembly, or it's operations.

So finally on to my question. Is there a way, whether it's through more VB code, or some auto_load form option, that you can expand the tree view on population of a job number in the job num field. The code I have works great, but it makes it moot if they first have to expand all assembly branches of the tree view before running it.

Thanks in advance!

Bob
try oTrans.JobTree.ExpandAll()

>
> Hi Group,
>
> I am writing VB customization for our Job Entry screen. The base idea behind the logic are several loops that go through each Assembly, Sub Assembly and Operation and return data. Through testing, I've found that when I expand each assembly on the tree view, my code works. I don't need to expand the operation branch, just each assembly. When I don't it will not give me the operations in that assembly. Likewise, if I have a sub assembly, and I don't expand my top level assembly, I won't get data from that sub assembly, or it's operations.
>
> So finally on to my question. Is there a way, whether it's through more VB code, or some auto_load form option, that you can expand the tree view on population of a job number in the job num field. The code I have works great, but it makes it moot if they first have to expand all assembly branches of the tree view before running it.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Bob
>
Hi Group,
We are Vista users version 8.03.409C we have been running MRP for little over a
month and we also import a forecast from our largest customer.Â

We have 220 open sales order releases, 189 of these were consumed by their
matching forecast without issue as expected, however 20 matching forecast to
sales order releases did not consume the forecast at all while 10 others
forecasts were only partially consumed by their matching forecast.
This looks totally random by the research I have done in time phase and part
transaction history.
Has anyone else seen this random occurance with forecast?Â
Â

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thanks that worked great!

I have one question however. I went back to look at the Object Explorer, and I found the JobTree under Transactions. Somehow I missed it before.

When I click to expand the JobTree, I get an error on screen, and the JobTree has no methods, only properties. I would have expected to find the ExpandAll() method in the methods, but I cannot find any of them.

The error is as follows:

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'JobTree979c25a4-e888-4077-a9d6-
f9b2436cc859*JobTree*MethodTree*Invalidate:System.Drawing.Region' Key being added:

It then repeats. It looks like this is causing the disapperance of the method tree. Does anyone have any ideas what this means or how to fix it??

Thanks in advance!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@...> wrote:
>
> try oTrans.JobTree.ExpandAll()
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bobschnable" <bschnable@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Group,
> >
> > I am writing VB customization for our Job Entry screen. The base idea behind the logic are several loops that go through each Assembly, Sub Assembly and Operation and return data. Through testing, I've found that when I expand each assembly on the tree view, my code works. I don't need to expand the operation branch, just each assembly. When I don't it will not give me the operations in that assembly. Likewise, if I have a sub assembly, and I don't expand my top level assembly, I won't get data from that sub assembly, or it's operations.
> >
> > So finally on to my question. Is there a way, whether it's through more VB code, or some auto_load form option, that you can expand the tree view on population of a job number in the job num field. The code I have works great, but it makes it moot if they first have to expand all assembly branches of the tree view before running it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Bob
> >
>
D
Ephraim Feldman
Programmer / Analyst
Axis Lighting
Just putting this out there for anyone else who encounters something similar.

A fellow group member ( Thanks Bernie ) pointed me in the direction of the .NET Reflector. This is a great tool, and I recommend it for anyone who is developing anything more than light customizations in VB or C#. I was able to find my ExpandAll() method, and found the parameters I needed to pass through.

I encountered my next problem when the ExpandAll() would not expand beyond anything more than the first level. It would expand all operations on Asm 0 and each Sub Asm, but if you had additional sub assemblies on those sub assemblies or operations on them, they were missing. I ran a trace and found that when right-click Expand Tree is selected, there is a GetDataSetForTree method called, so I threw that in my code before the ExpandAll(), and it works great.

Hope this can save someone all the time I spent on it.

Thanks again.

>
> Hi Group,
>
> I am writing VB customization for our Job Entry screen. The base idea behind the logic are several loops that go through each Assembly, Sub Assembly and Operation and return data. Through testing, I've found that when I expand each assembly on the tree view, my code works. I don't need to expand the operation branch, just each assembly. When I don't it will not give me the operations in that assembly. Likewise, if I have a sub assembly, and I don't expand my top level assembly, I won't get data from that sub assembly, or it's operations.
>
> So finally on to my question. Is there a way, whether it's through more VB code, or some auto_load form option, that you can expand the tree view on population of a job number in the job num field. The code I have works great, but it makes it moot if they first have to expand all assembly branches of the tree view before running it.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Bob
>