EpiUltraGrid Datasource error

I’ve got an EpiUltraGrid in a Customization to be populated with a BAQ. The Customization works except when I add the line setting the Datasource for the grid; that line pops the compiler error ( copied in full ) :

‘Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiUltraGrid’ does not contain a definition for ‘Datasource’ and no extension method ‘Datasource’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiUltraGrid’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I’ve checked the Assembly References from this Customization with a different Customization which also uses BAQ Datasources for EpiUltraGrids - except that the other Customization doesn’t have compiler errors. The grids for the different Customization populate correctly.

For this errant Customization, looking under Object Explorer, EpiUltraGrid, I see a property named Datasource, which makes the compiler error even less understandable :dizzy_face:

I’ve double-checked the epiUltraGridETK_RegCert_DateSearch grid, it’s of type Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiUltraGrid ( copied in full ).

Here’s the using statements ( also checked against the different Customization ) and the specific section of code I’m working on :

using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using Erp.Adapters;
using Erp.BO;
using Ice.BO;
using Ice.Core;
using Ice.UI;
using Ice.Lib;
using Ice.Adapters;
using Ice.Lib.Customization;
using Ice.Lib.ExtendedProps;
using Ice.Lib.Framework;
using Ice.Lib.Searches;
using Ice.UI.FormFunctions;
using Ice.Proxy.BO;
using Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid;

String strExpirDate = epiDateTimeEditorCertTypeExpirDateSearch.ToString( );
		DynamicQueryAdapter dqaBAQ_ETK_RegCert_DateSearch = new DynamicQueryAdapter( oTrans );
		dqaBAQ_ETK_RegCert_DateSearch.BOConnect( );
		QueryExecutionDataSet qedsBAQ = dqaBAQ_ETK_RegCert_DateSearch.GetQueryExecutionParametersByID( "ETK_RegCert_DateSearch" );
		qedsBAQ.ExecutionParameter.Clear( );
		qedsBAQ.ExecutionParameter.AddExecutionParameterRow( "CertTypeExpirDate", strExpirDate, "date", false, Guid.NewGuid( ), "A" );
		dqaBAQ_ETK_RegCert_DateSearch.ExecuteByID( "ETK_RegCert_DateSearch", qedsBAQ );
		epiUltraGridETK_RegCert_DateSearch.Datasource = dqaBAQ_ETK_RegCert_DateSearch.QueryResults.Tables[ "Results" ];

I expect I’m just missing something painfully obvious…

Ken Brunelli

C# is case-sensitive. Use DataSource

1 Like

Yep…painfully obvious ( when it’s pointed out :smile: ) That did the trick.

Thanks for the assist.