Epicor Sales

We had a situation where our Epicor Sales Manager took an order for 3 modules from one of the users in the company. I have never heard of a company taking a 30,000 dollar order from a user they have never done business with in a company, and not clearing it with the IT manager of said company, that they had always dealt with previously. As soon as we heard about the order, we started trying to get it canceled, but they are refusing to cancel the order or their billing us for the modules. Has anyone else ever heard of that type of situation, and does it make sense that Epicor should only take orders from one authorized person within a company? Right now this has us so upset it will probably damage the relationship we have worked years to build. It seems like a huge ethics violation.

And now Epicor has finally decided to suspend our support account because we refuse to pay for software modules we never authorized to buy, and never even installed. This may be the end of my recommendation of Epicor for other users, i seems like a very short-sighted reaction to something they triggered by accepting an order from a non-authorized user.

Right now this situation has me reconsidering our choice of ERP companies, and whether or not I want to remain associated with anything they

While I agree that the CAM should have checked on the order with the main IT Manager at your company before accepting the order, I wouldn’t end my relationship with Epicor based solely on that. Have you spoken to anyone above the CAM? I would escalate it with his/her boss. Maybe this CAM is new to Epicor?? Did the person from your company issue a PO for the purchase? Did they tell the CAM that they had authorization to purchase it? Also, I would make it clear that no one from the company is allowed to purchase modules except the IT Manager.

I’m fairly certain that if you bring this issue up with someone higher up than the CAM, you may be able to resolve it.

Just my two cents…

1 Like

I would echo this reply as well.

1 Like

Did you have terms and conditions on your PO? Did you check Epicor’s Terms and Conditions? I don’t advise severing the relationship as it will disrupt business flow. I advocate consulting with your corporate lawyer first. Lastly, all system printed POs must/should have hierarchy approval based on the amount before they can be printed/emailed.

Regards,

Did anyone ever take deliver of license file updates?

Epicor should be able to remote in to your system and see that they were never installed (I assume they weren’t).

A post was merged into an existing topic: Epicor BPM LINQ in C# left outer join two tables with DefaultIfEmpty() is not working