Epicor Portal to Epicor ERP Sharepoint Publisher

We use Epicor Portal to have customer log in and see orders, invoices, and shipment details.

We have been using it since 9.05. We are upgrading to 10.2.200 and Epicor is pushing us to SharePoint Publisher. Anyone have any experience doing this? I am struggling to find documentation on this as well.

Any help to get me started would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

bumping incase folks missed this…

I’m not sure what versions of Sharepoint they support but keep in mind the older versions are getting EOL’d. Also, I’m not sure if they will host it for you or if they will work with Office 365’s Sharepoint Online, but if you haven’t managed a Sharepoint farm or don’t have a Sharepoint admin on staff I would stay away from it like the plague. That might be a slightly biased opinion based on flashbacks of trying to manage them though.

That sounds like a ringing endorsement!!

lol

I have an open case concerning SharePoint Publisher
I have a dashboard and added it to SharePoint. When I run it, I get nothing displayed. If I export to Excel, then all the data displays. If I set the properties to display 20 rows, it displays. Change the number of rows to any other number and nothing displays.

reviewing the html for the page shows the data is indeed there.

Did you do the install of SharePoint Publisher?

Yes – from 10.2.200

Tried on a couple different test servers too

I am not that far yet. I cannot add a web part.

I am getting the following error when trying to connect to the E10 server. Was this one you ever got?
Once I add the web part I am sure I will have more questions. Like how do you control how what data each user sees. The portal you added a filter on user creation, I am not seeing that with this new application.

A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
Show details 
Source: mscorlib
Stack: 
Server stack trace: 
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.WindowsStreamSecurityUpgradeProvider.WindowsStreamSecurityUpgradeInitiator.OnInitiateUpgrade(Stream stream, SecurityMessageProperty& remoteSecurity)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamSecurityUpgradeInitiatorBase.InitiateUpgrade(Stream stream)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.InitiateUpgrade(StreamUpgradeInitiator upgradeInitiator, IConnection& connection, ClientFramingDecoder decoder, IDefaultCommunicationTimeouts defaultTimeouts, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.SendPreamble(IConnection connection, ArraySegment`1 preamble, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.DuplexConnectionPoolHelper.AcceptPooledConnection(IConnection connection, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.ClientSecurityChannel`1.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOpenOnce.System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ICallOnce.Call(ServiceChannel channel, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOnceManager.CallOnce(TimeSpan timeout, CallOnceManager cascade)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Ice.Sharepoint.Publisher.BOReader.BOReaderSvcContract.GetList(String serviceNamespace, String whereClause, String columnList)
   at Ice.Sharepoint.Publisher.BaqWebPartBase.<>c__DisplayClass26.b__25(BOReaderSvcContractClient current)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Ice.Sharepoint.Publisher.BaqWebPartBase.LoadCompanyList()
   at Ice.Sharepoint.Publisher.DashBoardToolPart.FillDashBoardViews(String selectedDashBoardId, String selectedQueryId, String selectedViewId)
   at Ice.Sharepoint.Publisher.DashBoardToolPart.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

Source: System
Stack:    at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult, Byte[] message, Exception exception)
   at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.AuthenticateAsClient(NetworkCredential credential, String targetName, ProtectionLevel requiredProtectionLevel, TokenImpersonationLevel allowedImpersonationLevel)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.WindowsStreamSecurityUpgradeProvider.WindowsStreamSecurityUpgradeInitiator.OnInitiateUpgrade(Stream stream, SecurityMessageProperty& remoteSecurity)

Source: 
Stack:

This is the error on the E10 server.

Transport authentication failed.
 Service: net.tcp://e102/ERP102200/Ice/Lib/BOReader.svc
 ClientIdentity: 
 ActivityId: <null>
 SecurityNegotiationException: Authentication failed on the remote side (the stream might still be available for additional authentication attempts). ---> AuthenticationException: Authentication failed on the remote side (the stream might still be available for additional authentication attempts). ---> Win32Exception: The target principal name is incorrect

anyone able to help out with this? We are stuck.

We would either like to get the sharepoint publisher to work, or determine if we need to create our own web interface for our customers. Maybe something using REST? I don’t know what would be best at this point.