Epicor or 3rd Party

Thanks to all for their input.  As expected (and requested), I have been contacted by several consultants but also several end users willing to share their experiences.  So glad I posted this here.  Now just have to start narrowing down the list. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jansutherland82@...> wrote:

Contact me offline and I will give you our consultants names..  We went live in 10 months with e9.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 30, 2013, at 1:08 PM, Anthony Gercar <agercar@...> wrote:

<div id="ygrps-yiv-325895213ygrps-yiv-555039946ygrp-text">

<p>

I have a similar situation…I am also a 1 man IT team…well kinda. I am the accountant for my company. I have been working on implementation for over 3 years. Contact me offline and I would be willing to share ideas and consultants with you.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mtellefson@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:04 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor or 3rd Party

We are at a crossroads with Epicor.  We have been using Epicor and prior products back to the DCD days (over 20 years).  The software has never been fully utilized...basically used for accounting, order/job tracking and costing (in a round-about way).  A year ago we formed a team to either make the software (currently 8.03.409C) work or find another solution.  Half the team is made up of daily Vantage users and the other half have already decided the software is the problem.

I am a one-man IT department and have never had enough time (or top-down support) to make much progress with expanding the use of the software.  I believe several of our processes are preventing Vantage or any software from being able to handle live inventory and other parts of the software.

Before we look at other software we would like to have a consultant help determine if we can make Vantage work for us.  I had an Epicor consultant in several years ago during an upgrade and he wouldn't listen to anything we said about how we do things...just told us how it had to be.

Any recommendations for 3rd party vs. Epicor consultants?  You can contact me directly if you would be interested in the project.

</div>

We are at a crossroads with Epicor.  We have been using Epicor and prior products back to the DCD days (over 20 years).  The software has never been fully utilized...basically used for accounting, order/job tracking and costing (in a round-about way).  A year ago we formed a team to either make the software (currently 8.03.409C) work or find another solution.  Half the team is made up of daily Vantage users and the other half have already decided the software is the problem.

I am a one-man IT department and have never had enough time (or top-down support) to make much progress with expanding the use of the software.  I believe several of our processes are preventing Vantage or any software from being able to handle live inventory and other parts of the software.

Before we look at other software we would like to have a consultant help determine if we can make Vantage work for us.  I had an Epicor consultant in several years ago during an upgrade and he wouldn't listen to anything we said about how we do things...just told us how it had to be.

Any recommendations for 3rd party vs. Epicor consultants?  You can contact me directly if you would be interested in the project.

I have a similar situation…I am also a 1 man IT team…well kinda. I am the accountant for my company. I have been working on implementation for over 3 years. Contact me offline and I would be willing to share ideas and consultants with you.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mtellefson@...

Contact me offline and I will give you our consultants names..  We went live in 10 months with e9.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 30, 2013, at 1:08 PM, Anthony Gercar <agercar@...> wrote:

<div id="ygrps-yiv-1421017275ygrp-text">

<p>

</div>