Josh Serwe

Wisconsin Converting Inc.

Warehouse & Logistics Manager

(920)437-6400 x 330

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Joshua Giese
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 8:33 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: RE: [Vantage] Epicor 9 Bill of Lading Module or ?

I don’t know that I’m a Ninja, but I should attribute most of what I know to
Jose. (He made sure that I would say that)

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

Wisconsin Converting, Inc.

ygroups.adamleer@...
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:52 PM

Wow Josh, you are a total Epicor Ninja! And aren't you one of the companies
test driving Epicor 10 Beta? Where do you find all of your time? Maybe you
are just that skilled.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

There are a decent amount of people that take up issue with the BOL module
of Epicor. Generally what happens is customizations are created to generate
the BOL forms from Customer Shipment entry instead. We are not there yet,
but have it on the to-do list. We have Insite and what we have done for
address validation is I created a customization that integrates with UPS’s
address validation services. They validate the address against the USPS
database (pretty much that grand master you want to be working from) and
return their desired address, zone, and format to you. Hope this helps some.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

barb@...
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:13 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9 Bill of Lading Module or ?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Is anyone using the BOL module in Epicor 9 or has everyone been pretty much forced to pay for the add-on Insite or some other software?  We are just getting started with Epicor and I am totally disappointed in Epicors BOL module and other hearing that Insite creates a BOL (have not seen it's quality yet), I am looking for what truly is our options?  We do not do a lot of prepaid freight shipment.  Insite's software does not to address verify and correction (only tells you when it does not appear "correct"), so we are concerned about "back-end" charges from UPS and FedEx for address corrections.

Also, if someone uses Insite - I would be interested to know if you still get the user discounts from UPS and FedEx that are provided when using UPS Worldship and FedEx software direct. 

Barb Bellm

Highland Machine

618-654-2103

There are a decent amount of people that take up issue with the BOL module of Epicor. Generally what happens is customizations are created to generate the BOL forms from Customer Shipment entry instead.  We are not there yet, but have it on the to-do list. We have Insite and what we have done for address validation is I created a customization that integrates with UPS’s address validation services. They validate the address against the USPS database (pretty much that grand master you want to be working from) and return their desired address, zone, and format to you. Hope this helps some.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of barb@...

Is anyone using the BOL module in Epicor 9 or has everyone been pretty much forced to pay for the add-on Insite or some other software?  We are just getting started with Epicor and I am totally disappointed in Epicors BOL module and other hearing that Insite creates a BOL (have not seen it's quality yet), I am looking for what truly is our options?  We do not do a lot of prepaid freight shipment.  Insite's software does not to address verify and correction (only tells you when it does not appear "correct"), so we are concerned about "back-end" charges from UPS and FedEx for address corrections.

Also, if someone uses Insite - I would be interested to know if you still get the user discounts from UPS and FedEx that are provided when using UPS Worldship and FedEx software direct. 

Barb Bellm

Highland Machine

618-654-2103

Wow Josh, you are a total Epicor Ninja!  And aren't you one of the companies test driving Epicor 10 Beta?  Where do you find all of your time? Maybe you are just that skilled. 

There are a decent amount of people that take up issue with the BOL module of Epicor. Generally what happens is customizations are created to generate the BOL forms from Customer Shipment entry instead.  We are not there yet, but have it on the to-do list. We have Insite and what we have done for address validation is I created a customization that integrates with UPS’s address validation services.  They validate the address against the USPS database (pretty much that grand master you want to be working from) and return their desired address, zone, and format to you. Hope this helps some.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of barb@...

I don’t know that I’m a Ninja, but I should attribute most of what I know to Jose. (He made sure that I would say that)

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ygroups.adamleer@...
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:52 PM

Wow Josh, you are a total Epicor Ninja!  And aren't you one of the companies test driving Epicor 10 Beta?  Where do you find all of your time? Maybe you are just that skilled. 

There are a decent amount of people that take up issue with the BOL module of Epicor. Generally what happens is customizations are created to generate the BOL forms from Customer Shipment entry instead.  We are not there yet, but have it on the to-do list. We have Insite and what we have done for address validation is I created a customization that integrates with UPS’s address validation services.  They validate the address against the USPS database (pretty much that grand master you want to be working from) and return their desired address, zone, and format to you. Hope this helps some.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337