Easiest way to update part master info while in engineering workbench

I’m trying to figure out the easiest way to update a couple of fields in part master while working in engineering workbench. Preferably without having to open any other windows. I tried to change a dashboard that I already have in my customization to updateable, but when you change it to updateable, the publish/subscribe gets broken. So I can view the information, but I cannot update it.

I then tried adding the foreign key view, but FKV’s are view only, so again I can’t update from there.

So now I am still trying to figure out a good way to do this. What I am thinking so far is a button and a non-bound drop down to call the part adapter BO and make the change(s) that way. Any other ideas?

If you don’t want to leave the screen, you can use a BPM or a Customization to set the values. I would lean to the BPM option.
Additionally, you may be able to use a UD Field Map.

1 Like

I looked into the UD mapping. But it didn’t have a path from eco tables to the part table. Just part mtl and part op tables.

A customization would be calling part adapter, and could be do able. BPM Is probably easier but a little less user friendly .