E9 Test environment: Customer Maintenance program

Thank you Sue,

Got it working.

William R. King
IT Analyst
Topura America Fastener, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of snielsen.hipco@...
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 2:38 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: E9 Test environment: Customer Maintenance program

William,

We are converting from Vantage 8.03.409a to Epicor 9.05.701. We didn't have CRM with Vantage, we get it automatically in Epicor 9. You will have to learn about and set up CRM fields in Epicor 9. After I run my conversion I have to add in call types, marketing activity types, marketing campaigns, CRM reason codes for wins and losses, task types, tasks, and task sets. Certain default CRM info needs to filled in the CRM tab in company configuration. After that is done you will need to run that conversion program (found in admin tools) which will fill default CRM info in your quotes. Then the error message in customer maintenance will go away. I found I could fill in some info in Vantage (sales territory, role codes, work force) and it will come over in the conversion. The other information I had to wait and enter after converting since we aren't licensed for CRM in Vantage. I also had problems with sales orders after conversion. When we tried to make a change in a converted order we couldn't save it until we filled in marketing campaign information. We requested and received a conversion program to run that brings in the default CRM information into sales orders. Hope this help!

Sue

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Testing on E9.05.702A

While trying to use the Customer Maintenance program I got the following error.

CRM System Configuration record is missing.

PLEASE RUN THE CRM OPPORTUNITY/QUOTE CONVERSION PROGRAM FOR THE COMPANY FIRST:

PROGRAM: cv/cvcr0007.w

RUN SEQUENCE: 6880

THIS PROGRAM IS FOUND IN SYSTEM MANAGEMENT UNDER THE UTILITIES FOLDER AND SELECT DATABASE CONVERSIONS

Ran in Epicor Admin Tools.  However, when I ran the conversion program  I got the following error:

CRSyst configuration file not found.

Data Conversion cannot be completed.

Please advise.

William R. King
IT Analyst

Testing on E9.05.702A

THIS PROGRAM IS FOUND IN SYSTEM MANAGEMENT UNDER THE UTILITIES FOLDER AND SELECT DATABASE CONVERSIONS

Ran in Epicor Admin Tools.  However, when I ran the conversion program  I got the following error:

Please advise.

William R. King
IT Analyst

Answer from EPICOR:

Here are the mandatory fields in the CRM configuration under

System Management > Company Maintenance > Company

Modules TAB > Sales TAB > CRM TAB

-Task Set

-Territory

-Marketing Campaign

-Win Reason

-Loss Reason

After you populate these fields, you should be able to run the 6880 conversion from the Admin Tools without error. If you don’t have them, you are going to need to create new records for these options, they are all located under CRM > Setup path

William R. King
IT Analyst

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of William King
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 10:55 AM
To: EPICOR UG (vantage@yahoogroups.com)
Subject: [Vantage] E9 Test environment: Customer Maintenance program

Testing on E9.05.702A

Please advise.

William R. King
IT Analyst

William,

We are converting from Vantage 8.03.409a to Epicor 9.05.701. We didn't have CRM with Vantage, we get it automatically in Epicor 9. You will have to learn about and set up CRM fields in Epicor 9. After I run my conversion I have to add in call types, marketing activity types, marketing campaigns, CRM reason codes for wins and losses, task types, tasks, and task sets. Certain default CRM info needs to filled in the CRM tab in company configuration. After that is done you will need to run that conversion program (found in admin tools) which will fill default CRM info in your quotes. Then the error message in customer maintenance will go away. I found I could fill in some info in Vantage (sales territory, role codes, work force) and it will come over in the conversion. The other information I had to wait and enter after converting since we aren't licensed for CRM in Vantage. I also had problems with sales orders after conversion. When we tried to make a change in a converted order we couldn't save it until we filled in marketing campaign information. We requested and received a conversion program to run that brings in the default CRM information into sales orders. Hope this help!

Sue

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Testing on E9.05.702A

Please advise.

William R. King
IT Analyst