E10 Have the ability to remove the constraints of not being in the right plant

Hello,

This is sooo annoying for us as when right clicking on a job number or packnum etc, and it opens the related form with no data and asking you if we want to create a new one.

Where the reason is that we are not in the right plant of where the number was created under. This is happening even if the user has access to both of our plants… If the current plant is A, and the job was created under plant B, it does not allow to view even in Tracker forms !

We then need to change the current plant and open the form under that plant…

An option to opt out of such restriction would be greatly appreciated ! savings of time, clicks and extra opened windows…:wink:

Thank you

Pierre

Or maybe a popup to prompt if you want to switch to the “owning” company/plant?
I don’t think E10 always checks/enforces the company/plant context for called items.

1 Like

Well there is enough popups as it is…in most cases… we right click on the number, using open with… we do want to access the record… whatever plant is was created with!

if via popup it is the way to go… at least it is only one extra click…

Pierre

I agree that there should be an option to override this behaviour, in security would be a good option. It is a bit of a headache, when testing Transfer orders and POs

I agree it can be a pain. I would worry that even if it opened in the wrong plant the user would then transact against the wrong plant. I have dealt with those pains too. Users don’t pain attention they just click, click, click.

Maybe a pop up telling them this was in xyz pant do you want to switch plants. If click yes then it opens and user is switched plants.

I have asked Epicor in the past if there is a way to intercept the form call and open the form in the correct plant (or switch the plant context on the fly). It seems like this should’ve been something built into the framework. We have multiple sites and users who use POs and jobs (service call and manufacturing) are constantly getting frustrated by this issue.

For the trackers…no chance of happening since readonly… But having the pop-up otherwise would be ok, if that can avoid some messages that the record does not exists…

Pierre

1 Like