DMT to create new POs - error

I am trying to create new POs by using DMT PO Combined source.

I am getting a PO Head record, a PO Detail line, and a PO Rel line, however the DMT ends with an error.

The only piece of data that is not getting into the Epicor file is PORel DueDate

DMT Error log is: 2017-08-21T11:27:40 0 Table: Msg: A valid PO line is required

Complete DMT log is:
Import: PO Combined
Started: 8/21/2017 11:27:29 AM
Finished: 8/21/2017 11:27:40 AM
Duration: 00.00:00:11
Records: 1/1
RPM: 5
Errors: 1
Import Mode: Add,Update
Version: DMT 1.0.26.0 for 9.05.605
AppServer: AppServerDC://EPICOR:9421

Are you duplicating the PODetail#POLine number with PORel#POLine?

The PORel.DueDate is only needed if the specific release has a different due date than the PO Header.

Maybe try doing it in two steps

1. Without specifying the PORel.DueDate
  2. Update just the PORel.DueDate (not the Combined update, just the PORel table)

One thing that is a huge Gotcha with DMT. The LineNum you specify isn’t always honored.

If you had a PO with 7 lines, but numbered 1-4, 6-8 (line 5 was deleted for whatever reason), when DMT reads the row with line#6 it creates it as anew line and assigns it to Line 5.

Heelo i am trying to do PO Combined with DMT, could you share with me you template,
the result i am getting is one PO per line

Calvin, do you know if there is a way to get around so that the PO line is imported as 6-8 and skipping the 5 if it is not there? Because I am reimporting PO and Receipt, I want things to line up.

I’ve always just padded the DMT with filler lines, then went back and deleted them (usually with DMT). Do this on Releases too.

Set the PartNumber to something obvious like DMT PADDING, so if you miss one, everyone will know it’s to be ignored. If it is a Release, set the NeedBy date to a specific odd value (like your birthdate).

1 Like