DMT New Operation - adding two resources

(Cathy Bennett) #1

My company wants me to add a pack operation after the last operation of Final Inspection.

When I DMT the operation, it is duplicating the resource - so the operation has 2 resources.

I have checked the resource group and operation and there is only one resource assigned.

Has anyone have this experience?

(Kimberley White) #2

If you manually add a Operation does it doe the same thing? I hope you are using a test environment to test this.

(Cathy Bennett) #3

Yes - I am doing this in test. When I manually add the Pack operation, it creates one resource.

(Kimberley White) #4

what columns are you using in your DMT? What DMT (process) menu are you selecting for the update? (sorry don’t know correct terminology on that one)

This is what I have used in past.

(Gil Violette) #5

Can you just add the operation directly via the method - rather than using the import tool? Or, edit the job?

(Tracy Smith) #6

How many parts do you have to update?

May also be worth checking the OprSeq to ensure you’re not duplicating the last Operation that already exists.

(Cathy Bennett) #7

There are 500 BOM’s and about 200 jobs.

I unchecked the Update button in the DMT - so it would have bounced back that the operation already existed.

I took the last operation and added 10 for the new sequence.

I started my test with only 1 record.

(Tracy Smith) #8

Can you show your sample upload information?

(Cathy Bennett) #9

Found the problem. The Operation was setup with a resource group and a resource. Thank you for all the help.