Digital Signature Capture

I have a client that performs local delivery. In their old system they had an invoice on carbon paper that the customer signs at receipt. The customer kept the white copy and the yellow copy goes back to the plant (sometimes :grimacing:).
We have moved to Epicor 10 and packs are set to auto invoice. The invoice prints on two printers with a yellow and white copy. The customer is now having to sign both copies (and are complaining). I have offered carbonless paper as an option but $$$ā€¦
That is the background so you may have some suggestions from here.

Now to the question:
Does anyone have a good or already working solution to capture a customer signature digitally and attach it to a PDF that can attach to the InvcHead record? Then, we would email the customer with a signed copy?

This is my dream version and we are willing to buy the hardware required too.

Thanks!!!

• Digital Signing Easy, lots of Components out there, heck even Infragistics has something.
  • Attaching it on the PDF [ Modifying the PDF ] not so easy. I am sure there are libraries out there.
    ** You might have to find a library that allows that perhaps ABBYY | The Intelligent Automation Company has something.

In the past I used ImageMagick to convert a PDF to a JPG/BPM and then added the Signature and generated a PDF from the ā€œNew Imageā€.

There are alot of dependencies. I would capture the E-Signature and then Queue it and let a Scheduled BPM or External Windows Service or even Service Connect do the ā€œAttaching to PDFā€, Emailing etcā€¦

https://www.infragistics.com/products/windows-forms/data-entry-and-display/ink-provider ( I wonder if you can just use the Ink Panel )

or CEFSharp and JavaScript, reading back the Base64:

Can be done with Customization and again I am sure there are libraries out there that didnā€™t exist in 2012 :slight_smile:

I heard Kinetic has also a E-Signature Component coming soon :slight_smile:

Does DocStar have anything?

We will reach out, but I donā€™t think they capture signature at point of delivery. We want the customer to physically sign something at the point they get the product.

DocStar has ā€œstampsā€ but I donā€™t recall signatures.

Adobe can sign documents (digitally and provide signature picture). Thereā€™s a bit of setup but Iā€™ve seen it done.

Sorry, missed that the customer was signing.

Mark W.

Going Super Simpleā€¦

1. Driver asks receiver to sign their (the receivers) copy
  2. Driver takes a photo of the signed invoice (your drivers do have smart phones, right?)
  3. Driver emails the photo to AR
  4. AR person attaches it to the InvoiceHead.

You might even be able to include the photo right in the invoice form as a linked image.

1 Like

Iā€™ve used Adobe, itā€™s super awesomeā€¦and super expensive

1 Like

Thanks. Not sure what will be available because hardware and connectivity is required for your idea here. I can definitely do this, but wondering if someone has it already (because the client would pay for it).

Jason Woods

Owner | Jason Woods Consulting

jason@jasonwoods.me | Cell: 360.903.4893

www.linkedin.com/in/jasoncwoods

http://jasonwoods.me

I have found PDFSharp pretty easy to use - but I am creating PDFā€™s from scratch and not modifying an existing PDF, not sure how hard that would be.

I think it can be done easily if you build just a Web Version and use REST APIā€¦ I am talking about a weekendā€¦ Then the record gets a unique GUID and it emails it to the Customer to sign and expires after signature. Basically:

Dear Bob,

Please visit https://mysupercoolurl.dev/ARSign/10923-3129089-31298391283-98312983912 to signā€¦

You could even have a BPM do a POST to Generate it just a Web Call to /GenerateEmailFor/InvoiceNumberHere etcā€¦

ā€“

I would take it out of Epicor. I have built more complex things with www.laravel.com within 1 day. Use Epicor REST APIā€¦ and the bazillion of Twitter Bootstrap Themes www.wrapbootstrap.com and jQuery plugins. GitHub - szimek/signature_pad: HTML5 canvas based smooth signature drawing

The Question is it doesnt even have to be a PAD it could be ā€œBy Clicking and Entering your Name Hereā€ you are ā€˜ā€œSigningā€™ā€. Store the Name in a UD Field then on your ARinvoice SSRS .rdl you have a SignatureTextBox with ā€œComic Sansā€ font :slight_smile: and voila!

Take the ā€œSignature Padā€ out and use a Script Font and Just a Text Box - with a checkbox that they Agree. Even Record the IP and Date/Time.

I just had to E-Renew my Leaseā€¦ They had an option to Pick a Font ā€œCREATE Signatureā€ and then it just did itā€¦ If Apartment Complexes can Legally hold you accountable by using a font; so can youā€¦

2019-03-15_1238

PS: My wife had her own login and once I completed my Signing - she logged in and did hers. (In case you need multiple signatures).

It looks like this is what they are using:

2019-03-15_1247

1 Like
The link included in this email was flagged for a 
potential phishing scam, and has been removed.

System Admin,
Super Cool URL

:wink:

1 Like

Check out .NET PDF API - Create, Load, Modify and Convert Documents | Aspose.PDF

In addition they use

So Yardi might be the one using ASPOSE with their ā€œyardi ysignatureā€ component.

I shared this on Linkedin when it was released. Docstar now integrates with Docusignā€¦

Thanks. However, a Docusign solution wonā€™t work as that is happening separate from a delivery. Essentially, we are looking for a delivery confirmation signature.

re-reading your original post, Iā€™d guess that this whole signature capture is to reduce billing squabbles (i.e. ā€œWe never received those!ā€)

Is capturing a signature by itself really going to elevate those issues? Having the signed packer (or invoice) is what your client really needs. Not the ability to show a digitally captured signature - as that could have been from any delivery.

And why does the customer need to have a signed copy? Just have the customer sign the one your driver brings back. If they really want a their own copy signed, then have them sign their own.

Iā€™d hate to think that the business relationships are so contentious that the customer and supply donā€™t have some basic level of trust.

In response:

Digital Capture alleviates the problem of the driver not bringing back a yellow copyā€¦ (Yes that is an issue)

The Customer doesnā€™t ā€œneedā€ a signed copy, but it gives them a ā€œwarm fuzzyā€.

Yes, the business relationships are that bad. If we canā€™t prove the yellow copy is signed, they simply wonā€™t pay. And, the client is ok with selling to themā€¦

Jason Woods

Owner | Jason Woods Consulting

jason@jasonwoods.me | Cell: 360.903.4893

www.linkedin.com/in/jasoncwoods

http://jasonwoods.me

1 Like

Iā€™ve done this before using Topaz pads they have a nice API (.net)

1 Like

Some harsh solutions:

ā€œdriver not bringing back a yellow copyā€ well mr. driver, no yellow copy no pay!
That wonā€™t happenā€¦

Some low cost alternative:
Using the driver cell:
Take a video of the customer sigining the yellow copy? or a picture of the signed copy, as soon as it is signed?

Ok Iā€™m tiredā€¦been a long dayā€¦

Now with 10.2 the app on the cell (with a good data plan $$$) could not capture within Epicor the signature using the cell ? (thinking of one having the penā€¦ ) and right away folks back at the office having the delivery confirmation?

I might be dreaming hereā€¦ might need some developmentā€¦
Pierre

Sound like custom development. OK. Well, yā€™all may not hear from me for a while as Iā€™ll be buried in code!
:slight_smile:

Hogardy

Pierre Hogue

March 15
Some harsh solutions:

ā€œdriver not bringing back a yellow copyā€ well mr. driver, no yellow copy no pay!

That wonā€™t happenā€¦

Some low cost alternative:

Using the driver cell:

Take a video of the customer sigining the yellow copy? or a picture of the signed copy, as soon as it is signed?

Ok Iā€™m tiredā€¦been a long dayā€¦

Now with 10.2 the app on the cell (with a good data plan $$$) could not capture within Epicor the signature using the cell ? (thinking of one having the penā€¦ ) and right away folks back at the office having the delivery confirmation?

I might be dreaming hereā€¦ might need some developmentā€¦

Pierre