Date Format Problem in Dashboard/Excel

In any Epicor system dashboard, you are able to right click and copy to Excel. When you do this, the dates always appear in Excel, formatted correctly.

When I try the same process in a dashboard that I’ve built myself… #1 the “Copy to Excel” is not an option. #2 Alternately, If I right click and select “copy all” and then paste into Excel, any date column is always messed up, see the screenshot below, I always get two different date styles/formats. Trying to re format the date column in Excel doesn’t work.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening

Regards

Albert,

Not the best solution but try copying from BAQ instead of dashboard. When I have issues while copying from dashboard, I copy from BAQ and it works for me.

Hey Binita, I copy from the BAQ’s when I can, I however have two problems with that.

#1. Most of our employees who need to use this functionality, don’t have access to BAQ’s directly.

#2. Since the release of E10, Epicor won’t return more than 10,000 lines in a BAQ, so you need to build a dashboard to get the full data set.

Regards

The field is a SQL Date/Time field. You can select the column in Excel and format as short date but if you don’t want to do that every time you will need to create a calculated field in the BAQ and convert it to smalldatetime.

HELP!!!

I’ve always been able to do this no problem, but about a week ago I got a new computer at work and now it won’t let me copy to Excel… Even in an Epicor system dashboard (for instance the Customer Tracker → Orders → All… The option is NOT greyed out, but this is what happens when I select Copy to Excel…

So instead of doing Copy to Excel, I just started using Copy All Including Headers and then Ctrl+V into Excel… Formatted just fine, so no big deal…

Well today I was working on a project and Copied All Including Headers & Ctrl+V’ing and when Ctrl+V’ed into Excel, the formatting is all messed up!!!

I don’t care which technique I use, Copy to Excel or Copy/Paste, but I’ve gotta be able to use one of them!! Please help!!!

P.S. It would only let me include 1 screen shot, so let me know if you need more!!!

Krista, what you are describing is a little different than the issue I was/am having. I just tried replicating the issue that you say you are experiencing and I’m not experiencing that. In Customer Tracker I’m able to right click and copy to Excel, I’m also able to copy all including headers and then successfully pasting it into Excel.

The two things that I’d suggest in your situation is to
#1. Delete personalizations, if this doesn’t help.
#2. See if it’s a customization that’s causing the problem by running Customer Tracker in base mode.