Dashboard will not open

My dashboard will not open. But, I can see the dashboard when I highlight the epicor icon in the system tray

Are you on a single screen setup, and did the person who created it do so on a dual screen?

Double screen. It has been working for a while.

That happens when it was saved on the non-primary screen. A single screen user can’t see it, usually.

To get it, right click on the preview and click move, then move your mouse around. It should show up.

Some other methods in here …

2 Likes

To fix the immediate issue, I usually tell my users to launch the dashboard / form then hold in the windows key and “press left or right until the screen shows up”. This is usually the quickest in my experience. Then, you can either clear their personalization or have them right click and save layouts after they’ve fixed it.

To fix this for all your users if the problem exists by development and there is no personalization:

• Temporarily change your monitor setup to “duplicate” using windows + P.
  • Open the dashboard in developer mode and save it.
  • As a double-measure, you can go to Tools->Layouts-> Save Layouts as default
  • You should also re-deploy if this is an assembly dashboard

Whe we have this issue, we go
Right click on the windows tray, and select Task Manager
select under applications the faulty one, right click on it and select to expand. It will open the form and th euser will be functionnal.

That works 100%

Then I go and resave the customization layouts , looking at it on the correct default screen … 'cause all this was my fault. The form was saved when it was on my secondary screen…which not all users have access to…

Pierre