Dashboard automatically resized & tracker disappears

Has anyone had an issue where you make a change to a dashboard, then after deploying the dashboard becomes resized and the tracker disappears? (Epicor 10.0.700.4)

Before

After

1 Like

Yup, see link below, go vote. It’s a huge pain.

If your runtime dashboard is still fine, try re-deploying. Sometimes that will fix it. Then when you are customizing, don’t touch the grid location or size.

One more thing, this dashboard looks pretty simple, do you need to deploy it? (run as assembly). Can you just use the runtime one instead? They are generally more stable.

Tried re-deploying, didn’t fix it.

I need to deploy it for users to use, wasn’t aware that they could use it without deploying. How can I use the runtime instead?

In your menu item, pick dashboard-runtime instead. Then it will be available.

Tried that, didn’t work either.

How do I fix it manually?

did you close and re-open epicor? It will look exactly like it does when you are making it. In fact, you can turn on the developer and edit it from the menu item. Something isn’t lining up.

Read up about cache issues. Especially if you are on 10.0. They can be a problem. You might have actually fixed the issue, but your computer is picking up the old version instead of the one you redeployed.

1 Like

This is what I did:

Attempt1

• Go to Menu Maintenance and switch from Assembly to Runtime
  • Cleared client cache
  • Closed & re-opened Epicor
    Still wonky

Attempt2

• Switched back to Assembly
  • Cleared client cache
    Still wonky

Attempt3

• Opened the Dashboard
  • Cleared client cache
  • Re-deployed
    Still wonky

Attempt4

• Exported Dashboard Definition
  • Imported Dashboard Definition with a different name
  • Deployed
    Still wonky

if you go to the dashboard menu (the one where you make dashboards) does it look right?

And clicking on clear client cache doesn’t usually fix old versions in your cache. It should but it doesn’t. See the link I posted for the fix.

Drop the exported dashboard file here. (with the BAQ).

Banderson.dbd (325.2 KB)

1 Like

Your runtime is screwed up. You’ll have to probably start over. I don’t know if there is a way to fix it, and if there is, it’s still probably easier to start over. It does happen occasionally.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

I would try to limit the amount of customization you are doing in your tracker. The less the better. Another way to get the date range is make a duplicate field in your BAQ. Then you can filter by both, one with greater than one with less than. You don’t have to show both in your grid. If you do that, I don’t think you will need to customize your tracker at all.

So no solution for this other than re-building the dashboard huh?

This just happened to me, wanted to cry. Had a lot of time into it. Dashboard grid size got real small, no way to fix inside Epicor. Customization shows it is going to 400 x 300…

Found an apparent fix. Do this in your test environment 1st…

1. Export corrupted Dashboard as a .dbd file
  2. Open the .dbd file in an editor, eg notepad++.
  3. Delete out all the <DockLayoutXML>…</DockLayoutXML> tags and contents. There should be at least 2, more if you have more grids.
  4. Save as a new .dbd file
  5. Import the new .dbd file as a new dashboard.
  6. Layouts should be reset; all else retained.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your solution my friend. I’ve been praying for this to not happen again to me and knock on wood it hasn’t. I hopefully will never need to try your solution but incase I do, thank you!