Customize Handheld Screen

Hello All.

After searching around the internets, including topics found here, I haven’t been able to find a definitive article about customizing the Handheld menu under E10 - specifically 10.2.200. The /HHC parameter works on the shortcut for Handheld, but once loaded, no click combination seems to launch the Customization Tools Dialog.

I can access customization for the Handheld screens via the Windows Client (under Production Mgmt, Data Collection, Handheld), and I can then modify the order of the Grid headings for the Packout program, and I can save the customization. I then have very little info on applying this customization.

So… long story short, does anyone know the proper way to A) Launch the Customization Tools Dialog, and once a customization is saved, B) How to apply it so all handheld devices will reflect the customization?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

There are handheld menus within standard Epicor. Customize the screen there, then deploy.

2 Likes

Hey Jason, good to see you here! My company has benefited from your expertise for quite a few years now since our go-live on E9.

Regarding the handheld customization, I just now (after reading the simplicity of your response) realize that I am likely missing something obvious. Perhaps I just have to apply the customization to the appropriate program, under Production Mgmt\Data Collection\Handheld… as I would with any other program?

However, the customization I created for the Packout program isn’t available to be selected in menu maintenance. I’m sure I’m, again, missing something obvious.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE (4 Minutes later)

It’s fine, Jason. Went through the process again, saved the customization, applied it via Menu Maintenance… done deal. KISS principle still stands. Thanks for the assist.

Sorry, you are right. It was sort of vague. Glad you found it anyway.

Jason:

I did a customization for PO receipt / HH , applied it properly to the Menu, restarted Epicor, etc..

But only the 'base' will open , I'm wondering if this has to do with the 'customization / menus' difficulties in 10.2.200.

There are a few steps to deploy a Handheld customization:

1. Create a Process menu item for the new customization
  2. Use Process Calling Maintenance to point to the menu item you just created when that screen is called
  3. If it is the main form, you will also need to modify the Config file on the client to open the custom HandHeld Menu
1 Like

Hello Jason,

This topic was originally about modifying an existing menu item on the HandHeld menu. Mission accomplished - with your assistance (Thx!).

I’ve been struggling with getting a new menu item to appear on the handheld menu - I’ve seen a number of conversations on this forum, but nothing definitive - and nothing that’s working for me in 10.2.400

I know your last post on this topic is a bit dated, but it seems to lay out a procedure… So… does your post outline the steps to add a new menu item onto the handheld screen that a device will display upon login?

If this is the definitive procedure, I don’t see a step 4 that talks about getting that new menu item (for the process item) to appear on a handheld menu. If you have any addit’l info on this topic, I’d appreciate your feedback.

Try this:

1 Like

Thanks Jason. That’s the thread I’ve been working with.

So, if that is the prevailing wisdom on adding a menu item, then there’s a strong likelihood that I’ve screwed up the implementation of those instructions somehow. I’ll keep tweaking.
Thanks for your response. I primarily wanted to make sure I was focusing my efforts on the right course of action, and It seems I am. Much appreciated Jason!