Customization layout keeps reverting to first save

(Shawn Hobdy) #1

I have created a dashboard, deployed and added to menu as Dashboard-Assembly.
I created a customization to add some buttons and textboxes.
It looks fine when I saved it. I closed the screen and changed the menu to use the customization.
I logged out of Epicor and logged back in. Checked and looked OK.
Later on (weeks later) I needed to revisit the screen and change some layouts on it.
I saved the changes and backed out of screen. When I went back in, it had my changes overlapping the original look. I cleared the client cache, deleted the folder in C:\ProgramData\Epicor and even rebooted my PC for fun.
Went back into the screen and it still is a mixture of old and new. Redid it again, same result. Totally rebuilt it manually to just the new changes, still shows the mixture. Changed the dashboard and deployed it again. No help.

I am not sure where it is holding it or how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated.

(Shawn Hobdy) #2

Update on what I have tried.

1. I have deleted the customization after backing it up, no help.
  2. I have deleted and rebuilt the menu item, no help
  3. I have modified the dashboard and redeployed it, then built new menu item, no help.
I am about at my wits end!

My next 2 things to try are: Build a new dashboard and deploy it or figure out how to delete the current dashboard DLL and redeploy.

Anybody have any thoughts?

(Shawn Hobdy) #3

Unless there is a better way, I had to totally delete the customization, menu item and dashboard. Then rebuild from scratch.

Maybe someone knows a better way?

(Chris Conn) #4

Did you delete the personalizations on the form?

(Matt Spotts) #5

Goto c:\programdata\epicor\customers and delete the Dll then redeploy