Crystal Reports dropping records between page transitions

This may not have anything to do with your issue but I thought I'd mention it.

Just in case any reports were edited before you started seeing issues.

I started seeing issues when I had Crystal XI on one workstation and Crystal 2008 on another.

Reports always looked OK in either but random seeing some printing issues.

While troubleshooting I noticed that just opening and saving a report in either version resulted is a slightly different file size.

Most of my issues went away when I patched 2008 to SP4.

But some reports still react a bit differently when opened different developers.

And there is one complicated report I never could get to run after being saved in CR 2008.

For now I remember to use CR XI if it needs to be edited, at some point I think I'll rebuild it from scratch.

I haven't used CR 2011 yet.

And it sounds like you've already installed the latest runtimes?

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jpkage79@...> wrote:

Hello all,

We’ve recently updated our version of Epicor to 702a from 700c.  Post upgrade, we have noticed that many of our modified reports drop line items off the report between page transitions.  If you look at the tree view in the CR Runtime, the records are listed and all of the data is in the XML files.  The line items even display correctly within CR Developer (2008 and 2011).  However, when printing out of Epicor, items on multiple page reports seem to get lost. 

One last oddity.. the report that I’m trying to fix (custom SOForm) prints CORRECTLY for one of our users but not for several others.  However, a different report does this for him but works for me.

I deployed the CR 2010 runtime that Epicor posted on EpicWeb (SP2 I think?).  I've tried updating it to the newer SP and that didn't seem to help either.  The out of the box reports appear to be functioning fine.  So this must be an issue with how my custom reports are getting rendered in the new Epicor release and/or CR runtime update.  It seems like the "Keep Together" flags are getting ignored.

Any idea what might cause this?

Thanks!

Hello all,

We’ve recently updated our version of Epicor to 702a from 700c.  Post upgrade, we have noticed that many of our modified reports drop line items off the report between page transitions.  If you look at the tree view in the CR Runtime, the records are listed and all of the data is in the XML files.  The line items even display correctly within CR Developer (2008 and 2011).  However, when printing out of Epicor, items on multiple page reports seem to get lost. 

One last oddity.. the report that I’m trying to fix (custom SOForm) prints CORRECTLY for one of our users but not for several others.  However, a different report does this for him but works for me.

I deployed the CR 2010 runtime that Epicor posted on EpicWeb (SP2 I think?).  I've tried updating it to the newer SP and that didn't seem to help either.  The out of the box reports appear to be functioning fine.  So this must be an issue with how my custom reports are getting rendered in the new Epicor release and/or CR runtime update.  It seems like the "Keep Together" flags are getting ignored.

Any idea what might cause this?

Thanks!