Crystal Report Copying Tables/Fields Incorrectly

Filter your crystal report by one part (temporarily) that has the duplicate lines…smaller data transactions better for troubleshooting…

Copy your report and start with only two tables, part tran and one other – duplicates or not?  If not, add next table…Etc

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clederer@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:26 PM
To: Karen Schoenung; vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Crystal Report Copying Tables/Fields Incorrectly

1. I have 4 tables joined by company (We have multiple companies) and PartNum

2. I am not grouping and I have the TransDate & SysDate both on the report and they are the same.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karen Schoenung <kschoenung@...> wrote:
>
> 1 - something in your joins (either in the BAQ/RDD or in Crystal) is the likely cause
> 2 - Are you grouping? There are built in groups for dates for things like week, maybe month, etc...Are you viewing both the transaction date and the system date (hidden in part tracker usually without a personalization) - are those different?
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clederer@...
> Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:52 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Crystal Report Copying Tables/Fields Incorrectly
>
>
>
> Creating a Crystal Report from scratch and having a couple issues. The data fields I'm pulling are from "Part Transaction History Tracker." Two things are happening with my data that I can't explain.
>
> 1. My data is getting repeated in random instances. For example, a quantity of 12 on 9/25/13 in "Part Transaction History Tracker" turns into 2 Quantities of 12 in the Crystal Report I'm creating.
>
> 2. The dates in the "Part Transaction History Tracker" are difference then the dates that are listed in my report.
>
> For example, a quantity of 12 on 9/25/13 in "Part Transaction History Tracker" turns into not only 2 Quantities of 12 in the Crystal Report I'm creating, but the dates are now 8/1/13 on both of those transactions.
>

Creating a Crystal Report from scratch and having a couple issues. The data fields I'm pulling are from "Part Transaction History Tracker." Two things are happening with my data that I can't explain.

1. My data is getting repeated in random instances. For example, a quantity of 12 on 9/25/13 in "Part Transaction History Tracker" turns into 2 Quantities of 12 in the Crystal Report I'm creating.

2. The dates in the "Part Transaction History Tracker" are difference then the dates that are listed in my report.

For example, a quantity of 12 on 9/25/13 in "Part Transaction History Tracker" turns into not only 2 Quantities of 12 in the Crystal Report I'm creating, but the dates are now 8/1/13 on both of those transactions.
Look at the XML that was generated. Â If the data looks wrong there, then it is something to do with your BAQ or RDD (however you are getting the data).

Then look at your links in your Crystal report. Â You might have an unjoined or incorrectly joined table.

Then look at your grouping. Â Take all your groups out and see if the data looks correct, if so then you need to re-evaluate how you are representing your data within groups.

Tanya Denison | IT Manager | NRS, Inc.
2009 S. Main Street, Moscow, IDÂ 83843
c: 208.301.0599 | p: 208.883.7834 Ext 277 | f: 208.882.1744

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM, clederer@... <clederer@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Creating a Crystal Report from scratch and having a couple issues. The data fields I&#39;m pulling are from &quot;Part Transaction History Tracker.&quot; Two things are happening with my data that I can&#39;t explain.<br>

1. My data is getting repeated in random instances. For example, a quantity of 12 on 9/25/13 in "Part Transaction History Tracker" turns into 2 Quantities of 12 in the Crystal Report I'm creating.

2. The dates in the "Part Transaction History Tracker" are difference then the dates that are listed in my report.

For example, a quantity of 12 on 9/25/13 in "Part Transaction History Tracker" turns into not only 2 Quantities of 12 in the Crystal Report I'm creating, but the dates are now 8/1/13 on both of those transactions.

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

1 – something in your joins (either in the BAQ/RDD or in Crystal) is the likely cause

2 – Are you grouping?  There are built in groups for dates for things like week, maybe month, etc…Are you viewing both the transaction date and the system date (hidden in part tracker usually without a personalization) – are those different?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clederer@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:52 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Crystal Report Copying Tables/Fields Incorrectly

Creating a Crystal Report from scratch and having a couple issues. The data fields I'm pulling are from "Part Transaction History Tracker." Two things are happening with my data that I can't explain.

1. I have 4 tables joined by company (We have multiple companies) and PartNum

2. I am not grouping and I have the TransDate & SysDate both on the report and they are the same.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karen Schoenung <kschoenung@...> wrote:
>
> 1 - something in your joins (either in the BAQ/RDD or in Crystal) is the likely cause
> 2 - Are you grouping? There are built in groups for dates for things like week, maybe month, etc...Are you viewing both the transaction date and the system date (hidden in part tracker usually without a personalization) - are those different?
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clederer@...
> Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:52 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Crystal Report Copying Tables/Fields Incorrectly
>
>
>
> Creating a Crystal Report from scratch and having a couple issues. The data fields I'm pulling are from "Part Transaction History Tracker." Two things are happening with my data that I can't explain.
>
> 1. My data is getting repeated in random instances. For example, a quantity of 12 on 9/25/13 in "Part Transaction History Tracker" turns into 2 Quantities of 12 in the Crystal Report I'm creating.
>
> 2. The dates in the "Part Transaction History Tracker" are difference then the dates that are listed in my report.
>
> For example, a quantity of 12 on 9/25/13 in "Part Transaction History Tracker" turns into not only 2 Quantities of 12 in the Crystal Report I'm creating, but the dates are now 8/1/13 on both of those transactions.
>