Crystal Report Attachment

Not that it answers you question, but we changed a few years ago to a link on the PO that pointed to our T&Cs, so we just update the site and don’t touch the PO.

Greg

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2016 10:26 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Crystal Report Attachment

Thanks, but this has a few problems.

1. It renders as an image and is all pixilated.  It's our Terms & Conditions, so you know it's already in "fine print" :)

2. The entire PDF doc wants to render inside the section's already reduced sized.  What I mean is that the text in the PDF doc has 1" margins, and the CR report has 1/2" margins, so the "image" ends up having 1-1/2" margins.  Yes I can crop it, but if the next version of the PDF uses different margins I'd have to update the RPT file - which is what I'm trying to avoid.

3. Turns out the PDF file uses different page sizes.  Page 1 is Legal, and page 2 is Letter.  So page 1 is shrunk to fit onto the RPT's letter sized pages. 

Looks like OLE isn't going to work for me.

Calvin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6240 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
There isn't a reliable way to do this with just Crystal
We have done it by having 2 documents sent to the printer at the same time (via BPM , Customization etc)

or the second option is APM
where you can setup a document that gets other documents attached to it based on certain conditions and then it all gets printed together to the target output.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:40 AM, teaglem@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>All our images are  initially stored in landscape we then have a 3rd party application that rotates the images in batches on a schedule to portrait into another folder location just for the report.</p><div><br></div><div>All our job cards are portrait and the image prints full size A4 on the back. The originals are generated from our CAD software so are always the same size so I do not have to worry about different sizes and multiple pages, so I can&#39;t help in that area unfortunately</div><div><br></div><div>With regards to the report, in ours the OLE object is in Group Footer 1 and sized as a Full page A4.</div><div><br></div><div>Mark</div><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Is there a way to have a PDF "attached" to a Crystal Report?

Not looking to attach the rendered report to anything, but rather to attach a file (PDF) to be included in the rendered output.

We have a "Terms and Conditions" page at the end of our printed Quotes.  This is just a giant label in a Report Footer section.  Every time the T&C gets updated, it requires updating the CR .rpt file.

Is there a way that a PDF of our T&C could simply be appended to the Quote Form at run time?

I'm okay with it not having any info from the quote (like the page number).

I'd put the PDF on the server, and give limited access to who could change it.  Then the head of sales could just update that PDF (keeping the same file name), and subsequent prints of Quotes would use the new one.

In the past I had made a graphic linked to a file for the company logo - so it could be updated (as long as the dimensions were the same) and the .rpt file wouldn't need updating.  But don't think a graphic of the T&C is the way to go - it would be too hard to make sure the T&C graphic was made properly (right dimensions, and not all bit-mappy)

Calvin

- From the Insert menu, click OLE object.  
- Select Create from file.  
- Click Browse and open the file to use (in this case the PDF document). 
  You can check the Link option to insert it as a picture so that the changes to the file will be reflected in your document.
- Place the OLE object in the section where you would like to see it.

Dora Chavarria   Sr. Consultant Analysis Services, ERP   Mayan Technologies USA, Inc. dchavarria@... www.mayantechs.com 
Thanks, but this has a few problems.

1. It renders as an image and is all pixilated.  It's our Terms & Conditions, so you know it's already in "fine print" :)

2. The entire PDF doc wants to render inside the section's already reduced sized.  What I mean is that the text in the PDF doc has 1" margins, and the CR report has 1/2" margins, so the "image" ends up having 1-1/2" margins.  Yes I can crop it, but if the next version of the PDF uses different margins I'd have to update the RPT file - which is what I'm trying to avoid.

3. Turns out the PDF file uses different page sizes.  Page 1 is Legal, and page 2 is Letter.  So page 1 is shrunk to fit onto the RPT's letter sized pages. 

Looks like OLE isn't going to work for me.

Calvin
Hi we attach drawings to the back of Job Cards for the shop floor, the attached files are .TIF files with no drop in quality, could you save your PDF as a TIF file?

Mark
I hadn't thought about that.  

Can you get the drawing to fill a page?  Meaning that there's no other report fields (page header or footer, Report footer, etc...)?

How do you handle different drawing size aspects - A-size (letter) vs B-size (11x17), or rotation?  I ask this as the original PDF I wanted to attach was 2 sheets - one being letter size, and the other being legal.  Luckily both are portrait orientation.

One down side that might kill this, is that the text would not be able to be selected (for copy and paste).  I'll check with the folks that requested this.

Calvin
All our images are  initially stored in landscape we then have a 3rd party application that rotates the images in batches on a schedule to portrait into another folder location just for the report.

All our job cards are portrait and the image prints full size A4 on the back. The originals are generated from our CAD software so are always the same size so I do not have to worry about different sizes and multiple pages, so I can't help in that area unfortunately

With regards to the report, in ours the OLE object is in Group Footer 1 and sized as a Full page A4.

Mark