Create Epicor Menu Icon to allow Printing of a Purchase Order or

Are you a consultant? If not, would you share that with me?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 7, 2013, at 8:32 PM, "jim_rogers@..." <jim_rogers@...> wrote:

My user wanted a form that would allow printing of any of the shop floor paperwork after calling up the job. Here is a screen shot of the form.

It allows the user to either input or search for the job, and assembly if they want that level. Then the user can choose to either preview or directly print the various shop floor reports. We expose this form on both the regular menu as well as the MES menu.

This solution is primarily programming, but all done through customizations.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Are you willing to share it with everyone in the forum how you did this?  I’m sure I and others would find this helpful.

Regards,

Sigfredo.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jim_rogers@...
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 4:52 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Create Epicor Menu Icon to allow Printing of a Purchase Order or Order Form

I've created a customization similar to what you are discussing, where the user is prompted for the needed information and the report or form is printed without going into the actual editing form.

Has anyone ever heard or tried to create a menu item where an end-user can click on it to be able to select and print a purchase order or order form.  If possible, one of my end-users would like to be able to click on a menu icon and be able to print a purchase order or order acknowledgement without having to go into the order entry or Purchase Order entry module. She feels that it would save her some time if she can print these out without having to go into the modules.

Thanks,

Sigfredo Diaz
Manager of IT & Marketing Services
Dorian Drake International, Inc.

Has anyone ever heard or tried to create a menu item where an end-user can click on it to be able to select and print a purchase order or order form.  If possible, one of my end-users would like to be able to click on a menu icon and be able to print a purchase order or order acknowledgement without having to go into the order entry or Purchase Order entry module. She feels that it would save her some time if she can print these out without having to go into the modules.

Thanks,

Sigfredo Diaz

Yeah that's fairly easy, simply trace the print job, and replicate with C# in tyour customization on Button click.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile
E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Sigfredo Diaz <sdiaz@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Has anyone ever heard or tried to create a menu item where an end-user can click on it to be able to select and print a purchase order or order form. If possible, one of my end-users would like to be able to click on a menu icon and be able to print a purchase order or order acknowledgement without having to go into the order entry or Purchase Order entry module. She feels that it would save her some time if she can print these out without having to go into the modules.

Â

Thanks,

Â

Sigfredo Diaz

Â

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

I've created a customization similar to what you are discussing, where the user is prompted for the needed information and the report or form is printed without going into the actual editing form.

Thanks,

Sigfredo Diaz

In E9 at the least for sales orders you want the Batch Print Sales Order Ack DLL and for POs you might have to do some digging to see if there is a rptui dll that you can attach to the menu. We use the batch print order ack screen. It comes with the Client but is not a main menu item, you have to add that.

Josh Giese

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jim_rogers@...
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 3:52 PM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Create Epicor Menu Icon to allow Printing of a Purchase Order or Order Form

Thanks,

Sigfredo Diaz

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your info, I did trace the print job that referenced the 'Epicor.Mfg.UIRpt.SalesOrderAck.dll'.

I was actually looking to do this on the Epicor main menu.  For the Order Entry, I was able to just add it to the main menu as a menu item through menu maintenance with the 'Epicor.Mfg.UIRpt.SalesOrderAck.dll'.  It has the filter there so that someone can just go in and print only the sales order they want without having to go into the Order Entry module.

For the Quote form and the Purchase Order form, they don’t provide the filter tab.  I’m not a programmer, therefore, I was looking for a non-programming solution or easy solution step through.  There may not be a way in this scenario.  I’m open to any other ideas if anyone has them.

Regards,

Sigfredo.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jose Gomez
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 4:46 PM
To: Vantage
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Create Epicor Menu Icon to allow Printing of a Purchase Order or Order Form

Yeah that's fairly easy, simply trace the print job, and replicate with C# in tyour customization on Button click.

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Sigfredo Diaz <sdiaz@...> wrote:

Thanks,

Sigfredo Diaz

Hi Jim,

Are you willing to share it with everyone in the forum how you did this?  I’m sure I and others would find this helpful.

Regards,

Sigfredo.

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 4:52 PM

Thanks,

Sigfredo Diaz

Thanks Josh,

I read your email slightly late as I had just found that out.  As I mentioned to Jose, I was able to find the dll’s for both the quote and PO. However, they do not have the filter tab to select just one quote or PO.  Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Sigfredo.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Giese
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 4:56 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] RE: Create Epicor Menu Icon to allow Printing of a Purchase Order or Order Form

In E9 at the least for sales orders you want the Batch Print Sales Order Ack DLL and for POs you might have to do some digging to see if there is a rptui dll that you can attach to the menu.  We use the batch print order ack screen. It comes with the Client but is not a main menu item, you have to add that.

Josh Giese

Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 3:52 PM

Thanks,

Sigfredo Diaz

My user wanted a form that would allow printing of any of the shop floor paperwork after calling up the job. Here is a screen shot of the form.