Create Credit Memos Only

Hi,

We have a request/bussiness requirement where by we need some user to be able to credit memos only. This is basically where there is credit memo issued for a price variance. But they cannot have access to create any other AR invoices. We can stop them posting through Process security. I was just wondering if anybody has had a similar requirement.
It looks to me as a customisation. We are thinking that potentially we could manipulate RMA credit Process / Method.

Ideally, following the RMA credit because it creates the credit memo but doesn’t give users access to invoice entry etc.

Any insight would be great.

Regards

Rma is ideal for this requirement. We do something similar. I don’t even think you’d need to really customize, maybe at most a data directive bpm that makes sure the credit amount is positive

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I have miss understood, but we don’t actually don’t won’t to raise a RMA ideally.

We just want to issue the credit. I suppose on the flip side we could create a dashboard that closes the RMA down. So only real RMAs are processed.

We have an associated requirement where by when we do cancellation invoice. We ideally, would like someone to raise just the credit memo. Another department will process it and do the re invoice. The issue here is timing as this will reopen the shipment for invoicing but we would to adjust the unit price.

Thanks again.

The rma is basically two things; a way to create a receipt of goods and a way to credit an invoice line. Neither however are contingent on each other from a system perspective.
So, one could create an rma against an invoice, create a rma dtl record against an invoice line, and credit that invoice line using the rma. Then, you could close the rma and be done.
Maybe I’m not understanding the full requirement though :slight_smile: