Copy to Excel

Anyone else still having issues coping to excel from a dashboard? We are testing 10.2.200.12 and I have a custom Dashboard that is pretty big and I can’t copy or send to Excel. I have the same dashboard in E9 and have no issues. We are using O365. I can export from other dashboards with no issue.

What error message, if any, are you seeing?

If copy to excel nothing happens. If copy with labels get out of memory.

I just re-wrote the report and I can copy with labels but lost the option to Copy to Excel

Hey Kimberley,

Do you have REST enabled?

What is REST?

Start here. https://epiusers.help/t/rest-overview-novel/36260

TLDR; REST is an architectural idea used by many companies today to exchange data over the web infrastructure. In 10.1.600 (preview in .500), Epicor enabled a RESTful interface to Epicor. One of the goodies is OData access to many of your Epicor Resources. What the hell does that mean? For you, a user can have an Excel workbook log into Epicor (as themselves), run a BAQ, and populate a worksheet. But wait. If the user clicks Refresh in Excel, it reruns the BAQ and updates the worksheet with the latest data. No more copy/paste or Open with Excel! Sound interesting?

Mark W.

2 Likes

In Office 2016, you have to do this to get your data into Excel:

Workaround:

In order to have the CopyToExcel function load into a separate instance, perform the following:

· Create the source grid in EPICOR that you wish to export your data.

· RClick on the grid to make the CopyToExcel menu appear

· Click on the ‘Copy To Excel’ menu item and immediately hold the ALT key on the keyboard.

· You will receive a popup asking if you wish to start an new instance of Excel:

http://prism/Helpdesk/File/Get/1942

· Click ‘Yes’

The copied EPICOR data should now appear in Excel for your use.

Thanks,

Debbie

4 Likes

We are on Office 365 and I don’t get at prompt for new excel. I am actually getting errors or nothing happens. So far Epicor has been not much help. I re-wrote the BAQ and can now copy to excel but the only option i have is to copy with label. No option to copy to excel. Not sure why it disappeared when re-wrote BAQ.

Kin, did you deploy the Dashboard as an assembly (.dll) or as a runtime. If it is a runtime dashboard on the menu it will not open up excel automatically, a dashboard assembly will although I have not used it in a 365 environment yet

I did assembly.

Kimberley, just ran into a similar issue with one user. We upgraded to 10.2.200.13 in January. It was working for this user and now is not. She is trying to copy to excel from order entry lines list tab. I suspect from this thread that a Microsoft update is the cause. Did you ever get this working for your user?

Sorry, the user 's issue is that nothing happens when the copy to excel is clicked on… It works for me fine.

i have come a cross some cases when we needed to log on under different userID on that PC, then log off and log on back with previous one

Is copy to excel greyed out?

I have seen where copy to excel is greyed out but you can still do a copy all or copy selection. Other uses could use that same grid without problems. Seemed to be related to field security on one of the columns in the output.

1 Like

No. The option is available and was working previously. Excel does not launch when this is chosen.
I can use this function on my machine. I logged into Epicor on the her machine and I cannot use the function.

I just know it is a Microsoft thing. I have not had many complaints lately so they are either used to it for it resolved in our latest update. We are on 10.2.300.10 now.

This just started happening for one of our power users - We’re on 10.2.300.12 and Office365, for what it’s worth… It works fine for her when she logs on to Epicor from someone else’s computer. She did get a Microsoft Office365 update on Friday 5/3.

I found Nathan’s thread with a registry edit, and passed that on to our sys admin.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue - Copy to Excel grayed out. We upgraded from 10 to 10.2.300 and the option disappeared for me. I can log in to Epicor on another computer and it works fine. I tried Nathan’s fix mentioned above - it didn’t do anything for me. Would really like a fix as I use this feature extensively for account analysis.

I don’t know if it makes a difference but my computer is Win 7 with Office 365 ProPlus. “Copy to Excel” is grayed out on my computer. However, if I logon on a different computer (Win 10 with Office Home and Business 2016), it works. Thanks!

Yea, me!!! I solved the issue! My Rebuild level was not current for Office 365. I uploaded the current revision and voila! Copy to Excel now works. Woot!!!