Code 128 barcodes with SSRS

Does anyone have any recommendations for adding Code 128 barcodes to Epicor ERP SSRS reports?

Has anyone successfully added Code 128 barcodes, and if yes, how did you do so?

Did you add them yourself, or did you purchase 3rd party software/licenses for adding it?

Any guides you found useful?

I understand that Code 128 normally includes check digit / checksum but is there an option or way to not include the check-digit and have it still work correctly? I’m working on something with a requirement to use Code 128 with no check digits, (and I’m wondering if that is even possible?).

Any advice, suggestions, insight is appreciated!

1 Like

Hello!!

II followed this guide and it worked perfectly, Im on Epicor 10.2.100.11 and MS SQL 2012

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/789254/How-to-embed-Barcodes-in-your-SSRS-report

List of codes supported on barcodelib.dll:

"UPC-A"
             "UPC-A (Numbered)"
             "UPC-E"
             "UPC 2 Digit Ext."
             "UPC 5 Digit Ext."
             "EAN-13"
             "JAN-13"
             "EAN-8"
             "ITF-14"
             "Codabar"
             "PostNet"
             "Bookland/ISBN"
             "Code 11"
             "Code 39"
             "Code 39 Extended"
             "Code 93"
            "LOGMARS"
             "MSI"
             "Interleaved 2 of 5"
             "Standard 2 of 5"
             "Code 128"
             "Code 128-A"
             "Code 128-B"
             "Code 128-C"
1 Like

What would be your plan B for an Epicor Cloud customer if you don’t have access to RDP to the server?

Years ago, I had started using this product and not looked back. So much better than messing around with installing fonts,scanning issues, exporting the reports with missing/un-usable barcodes, etc.

Rather than a font, this embeds an excellent quality image inside the report to be scanned.

It is not free and takes just a few lines of codes, but the customer support was great and never had an issue with a bar-code scanner not being able to scan.

+1 for Neodynamic. Super easy to use and install.