What exactly does an order line being closed, prevent from happening?
I assume the following (as I’ve not come across any times when the following wasn’t true)
Closing and open lines:
- Removes remaining allocations/demand
- Prevents creating a job for Make to Order
- Prevents creating a BTO PO line
- Prevents creating a Customer Shipment against the order line
- Prevents changes to Order line (all order line fields become Read Only)
- Does NOT prevent misc invoicing against the order
Why I need to know …
We often have line items on orders for non-tangible items (services like startup, documentation, proj management, and even shipping). Since these never get shipped, the lines on the order stay open. This is messing up our attempts to start using PO suggestions as all these lines generate suggestions.
I’m trying to convince Order Processing that they need to close these orders, even if billing isn’t complete.