Client files on Terminal Server

Was clearing out some user caches on the Terminal Server we use for remote access, and noticed some directories whose purpose I’m not quite clear about.

In the folder C:\ProgramData\Epicor\ of the terminal server, there is a folder for each user who has connected remotely. But a few other ones.

What are the purpose of the folders:
$ (Ex: ‘APSRV_001$’)
(Ex: ‘APSRV_001-808’)
AdministrationConsole (this ones kind of obvious)

Any danger in deleting the files in those directories?

Sorry, I don’t have an answer to your question…

Just curious how your remote clients are setup/behave on the terminal server?
And if you use an alternate cache folder for your remote clients?
Thanks

I’m not the one that manages or remote access, so I can’t help you, other than saying that each user has a separate directory for their cache files.

We’re setup this way as our parent company manages the IT for all its subsidiaries. And they thought managing the client program on one machine was easier than on individual workstations.

As for performance, the biggest issue is with trying to print to the users local printer (the one connected to their workstation). This is because the client is really running on the TS, and the users local resources are “shared” to the TS. When trying to print the client searches for all available printers. Since it is a server that also does the print sharing it finds dozens of printers.

Since it takes 10 to 20 seconds per printer found, the print dialog may take over two minutes to appear. This only hapeens the first time in each session, but it is unbearable. For users that must print locally, they use print preview, then print from the PDF reader window.

Which version are you on? We’ve changed the code in later updates to address the issue of time to launch the print dialog.

We were on 10.1.400.19 when we reported the issue, and were told the .23 fixed it. Maybe made it better, but not really fixed.