Changing the order of the search panel

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone know of a way to default the order of the search panel to always have the menu search at the top?

1 Like

Is it dynamic like a MRU List? If so, the list must be stored somewhere.

1 Like

I realize this thread is a year old but don’t see a resolution and I am wondering if anyone ever figured out if this is possible? As of 10.2.400.9 this still doesn’t look like you can change it.

Thanks!

I imagine it’s buried in code in Ice.Menu.Main.dll

Looks like maybe you can get ahold of the EnterpriseSearch panel and do something like this maybe:
mypanel.CurrentView = EnterpriseSearchResultViewType.Grid;

However since the main screen is not customizable at all… this means you’d need to modify the EXE which I am pretty sure is no bueno.

Yea I figured it was locked in for now since I couldn’t find any type of fix. It is really annoying though. Hopefully Epicor gives us the option to change it in a later release?

Hopefully so. Maybe @Edge or someone with some pull can twist some arms.

To save some digging, it looks like the problem method in Ice.Menu.Main.dll is:
private void doEnterpriseSearch()

If there is no search panel initialized, it does so, setting it’s default current view to:
this.enterpriseSearchPanel.CurrentView = EnterpriseSearchResultViewType.Html;

It would be super cool to have a setting in the sysconfig this could pull from one of the two possible values instead of picking the Html (Enterprise search) one.

And there’s also the possibility I am just looking at random code and have no clue what I am talking about.

In 10.2.600 this is now part of the kinetic shell - :wink:

9 Likes

I am always a day late and a version short. Haha, thanks, thats great news!

1 Like