Lucky us.

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cathy
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:38 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: Re: [Vantage] RE: Can I somehow just set JobHead.LockQty to True without a BPM

We also have a DD that locks only the quantity when the status is changed to released without any problems with MRP.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Neil Buckman
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:20 PM
Subject: RE: Re: [Vantage] RE: Can I somehow just set JobHead.LockQty to True without a BPM

We have a DD on the JobHead table that locks the quantity when the status is changed to Released. It has caused no problem with MRP to date.

- Neil

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek
Sent: Wednesday, 25 September 2013 8:51 AM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'

For the life of me I can’t remember if I had a standard or in-transaction on the jobhead, and all I was doing was updating a shortchar field and when MRP ran it really hosed the demand links, it was making coparts and all kinds of crazy stuff. Working with support they said the developers told them don’t put DD on the jobhead table. Now I don’t know if that’s just some standard response type thing or what. I didn’t have time to shake it out so I removed the DD and my issues went away. Just a heads up…test thoroughly.

Rob Bucek

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nhoyt111@...<mailto:nhoyt111@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:12 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>

This is timely for us. Right now we are considering a data directive bpm to limit who can edit and save locked checkbox on job header. This is because we have discovered that Scheduling boards allow job locking and the people who can review the scheduling board are not necessarily who can lock a job.

Rob, is the concern ANY data directive on jobhead?

Thanks

Nancy

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, <vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
If you run mrp don't put a data directive on jobhead...that's really bad

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

rbird@... wrote:

A Data Directive sounds like the easiest way by far for this.

FYI - I have found myself using Data Directives more than BPM's.

BPM are great if you need a trigger on an event - Evaluates Methods

Data Directives are great is you need a trigger based on a data value changing - Evaluates Data

-Rick

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, <msantillan@...<mailto:msantillan@...>> wrote:

Most of our jobs are Released through Job Entry. So I needed to created two BPMs.

One on GetNewJob for any new job created from scratch and the other on Update when FIRM changes from any to any.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Brown
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] RE: Can I somehow just set JobHead.LockQty to True without a BPM

It can be done via customization (we started out like that) but it is yet another drag on client app performance. BPM is the way to go.

SC could handle it as well (or DMT - but that is defintely not a user tool).

From: "gmcbroom@...<mailto:gmcbroom@...>" <gmcbroom@...<mailto:gmcbroom@...>>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:52 PM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Can I somehow just set JobHead.LockQty to True without a BPM

For the majority of jobs, I just click the box manually since we couldn't find a way to set it as a default or make it a mass update in the Job Status Maintenance screen. When I have a large group of jobs to lock the quantity and change the priority I use an outside Macro Keystroke Recorder program. Record it once and play it back 468 times!

Georgia

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, <msantillan@...<mailto:msantillan@...>> wrote:

I just was wondering if I was missing something that was as simple as a checkbox. I had the data directive in mind.

On a side note, not all the replies are coming to my mailbox...sorry for the late reply.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, <jgiese@...<mailto:jgiese@...>> wrote:

Without a BPM can get pretty tricky depending on how Epicor is creating/setting the data. From a screen customization some things just can’t be overridden from what I have experienced. Is there a specific reason you can’t use a BPM?

Josh

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Miguel Santillan
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 5:25 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Can I somehow just set JobHead.LockQty to True without a BPM

Just like a default.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Notice:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this message or any attachments is unauthorised and prohibited. The sender does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error, and any views expressed herein, unless specifically indicated otherwise, are those of the individual sender.

The DH Gibson Group of Companies - http://www.gibsonshopfitters.com.au

P Please consider our shared environment before printing this communication.

Just like a default.

Without a BPM can get pretty tricky depending on how Epicor is creating/setting the data. From a screen customization some things just can’t be overridden from what I have experienced.  Is there a specific reason you can’t use a BPM?

Josh

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Miguel Santillan

Just like a default.

You would have to do it through customizations….

But a data directive would be the easiest quickest solution.

Data directive on the jobhead table:

For each ttjobhead no-lock:

Assign ttjobhead.lockqty = true.

End.

Marco Vissuet

Systems Engineer

Pacific Contours Corporation

Cell (619)507-2311

Anaheim Office (714) 693-1260

San Diego Office (619)670-3900

Fax (714) 693-1252

mvissuet@...

http://www.pacificcontours.com/

"The information contained herein may be subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Warning: - This document contains data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2751, et seq.) as amended, or the Export Administration Act (Title 50, U.S.C., App 2401 et seq.) as amended. Violations of these export laws are subject to severe criminal and civil penalties.  Disseminate in accordance with provisions of DoD Directive 5230.25.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Miguel Santillan
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 3:25 PM

Just like a default.

I just was wondering if I was missing something that was as simple as a checkbox.  I had the data directive in mind. 

On a side note, not all the replies are coming to my mailbox...sorry for the late reply. 

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jgiese@...> wrote:

For the majority of jobs, I just click the box manually since we couldn't find a way to set it as a default or make it a mass update in the Job Status Maintenance screen.  When I have a large group of jobs to lock the quantity and change the priority I use an outside Macro Keystroke Recorder program.  Record it once and play it back 468 times!

Georgia

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <msantillan@...> wrote:

I just was wondering if I was missing something that was as simple as a checkbox.  I had the data directive in mind. 

Maybe set the form to auto populate the field - ie:

Private Sub edvSchedControl_EpiViewNotification(ByVal view As EpiDataView, ByVal args As EpiNotifyArgs)

' ** Argument Properties and Uses **

' view.dataView(args.Row)("FieldName")

' args.Row, args.Column, args.Sender, args.NotifyType

' NotifyType.Initialize, NotifyType.AddRow, NotifyType.DeleteRow, NotifyType.InitLastView, NotifyType.InitAndResetTreeNodes

If (args.NotifyType = EpiTransaction.NotifyType.Initialize) Then

If (args.Row > -1) Then

view.dataView(args.Row)("LockQty") = TRUE

End If

End If

End Sub

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of gmcbroom@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:53 PM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Can I somehow just set JobHead.LockQty to True without a BPM

For the majority of jobs, I just click the box manually since we couldn't find a way to set it as a default or make it a mass update in the Job Status Maintenance screen.  When I have a large group of jobs to lock the quantity and change the priority I use an outside Macro Keystroke Recorder program.  Record it once and play it back 468 times!

Georgia

Without a BPM can get pretty tricky depending on how Epicor is creating/setting the data. From a screen customization some things just can’t be overridden from what I have experienced.  Is there a specific reason you can’t use a BPM?

Josh

Just like a default.

It can be done via customization (we started out like that) but it is yet another drag on client app performance. BPM is the way to go.

Georgia

Josh

Just like a default.

Most of our jobs are Released through Job Entry. So I needed to created two BPMs.

One on GetNewJob for any new job created from scratch and the other on Update when FIRM changes from any to any.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Brown
Subject: Re: [Vantage] RE: Can I somehow just set JobHead.LockQty to True without a BPM

Georgia

Josh

Just like a default.

Data Directives are great is you need a trigger based on a data value changing  - Evaluates Data

-Rick

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Brown

Georgia

Josh

Just like a default.

We did this with a customization via the form event wizard and some code.

www.practicaltek.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rbird@...
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 5:17 PM

Data Directives are great is you need a trigger based on a data value changing  - Evaluates Data

-Rick

Georgia

Josh

Just like a default.

If (args.Row > -1) Then

view.dataView(args.Row)("LockQty") = TRUE

view.dataView(args.Row)("LockDate") = TRUE

End If

www.practicaltek.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Chance
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 5:40 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] RE: Can I somehow just set JobHead.LockQty to True without a BPM

We did this with a customization via the form event wizard and some code.

www.practicaltek.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rbird@...
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 5:17 PM

-Rick

Georgia

Josh

Just like a default.

rbird@... wrote:

-Rick

Georgia

Josh

Just like a default.

This is timely for us.  Right now we are considering a data directive bpm to limit who can edit and save locked checkbox on job header.  This is because we have discovered that Scheduling boards allow job locking and the people who can review the scheduling board are not necessarily who can lock a job. 

Thanks

Nancy

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

rbird@... wrote:

-Rick

Georgia

Josh

Just like a default.

For the life of me I can’t remember if I had a standard or in-transaction on the jobhead, and all I was doing was updating a shortchar field and when MRP ran it really hosed the demand links, it was making coparts and all kinds of crazy stuff. Working with support they said the developers told them don’t put DD on the jobhead table. Now I don’t know if that’s just some standard response type thing or what. I didn’t have time to shake it out so I removed the DD and my issues went away. Just a heads up…test thoroughly.

Rob Bucek

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nhoyt111@...

This is timely for us. Right now we are considering a data directive bpm to limit who can edit and save locked checkbox on job header. This is because we have discovered that Scheduling boards allow job locking and the people who can review the scheduling board are not necessarily who can lock a job.

Thanks

Nancy

rbird@... wrote:

Data Directives are great is you need a trigger based on a data value changing - Evaluates Data

-Rick

For the majority of jobs, I just click the box manually since we couldn't find a way to set it as a default or make it a mass update in the Job Status Maintenance screen. When I have a large group of jobs to lock the quantity and change the priority I use an outside Macro Keystroke Recorder program. Record it once and play it back 468 times!

Georgia

I just was wondering if I was missing something that was as simple as a checkbox. I had the data directive in mind.

Without a BPM can get pretty tricky depending on how Epicor is creating/setting the data. From a screen customization some things just can’t be overridden from what I have experienced. Is there a specific reason you can’t use a BPM?

Josh

Just like a default.

We have a DD on the JobHead table that locks the quantity when the status is changed to Released.  It has caused no problem with MRP to date.

- Neil

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek

Rob Bucek

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nhoyt111@...

Thanks

Nancy

rbird@... wrote:

-Rick

Georgia

Josh

Just like a default.

Notice:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this message or any attachments is unauthorised and prohibited. The sender does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error, and any views expressed herein, unless specifically indicated otherwise, are those of the individual sender.

We also have a DD that locks only the quantity  when the status is changed to released without any problems with MRP.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Neil Buckman
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:20 PM

We have a DD on the JobHead table that locks the quantity when the status is changed to Released.  It has caused no problem with MRP to date.

- Neil

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek

Rob Bucek

Thanks

Nancy

rbird@... wrote:

-Rick

Georgia

Josh

Just like a default.