Can Extended Properties be added to a Solution Workbench?

Does anyone know what ElementHeaderID in the Solution Workbench will pull in Extended Properties?

Haven’t tested it, but maybe through the User Defined Tab

1 Like

this should work for you. ZData for Dataset and ZDatatable for UD tables(user define fileds)

@surendrapal, I tried to pull in both ZDataSet and ZDataTable and I still did not get the UDLabels on my UD01 table. Do you think that one of the two over-rode the other?

I am going to make solutions only for the three option independently: ZdataSet, ZDataTable, and (@josecgomez idea) the ZDataFieldSearchAdapter.

I am going to get to the bottom of this.

The method @josecgomez works just fine. You can take this a step further and define your own element for use in Solution Workbench. Here is example.

Then you get this when adding to a Solution

2 Likes

Ok, so I tried the ZDataField option. My first attempt I thought it did not import correctly, so I decided to redo it. I watched the solution build this time and realized that the build failed. An example of the repeated eorror, 1 for eaxh extended proprty, is this:

[4/2/2018 7:40:24 AM] Unable to retrieve the row from Ice:BO:ZDataField with SysRowID ‘9829e32b-8abe-4566-9941-074c95a92525’.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If not I think I am going to try through the DMT. I found “Extended UD” which looks like it will do the same thing.

Can you post how you created the element entry? Also, can you post a screenshot, similar to the one below, that shows what you are adding?

So here is the solution and build, with the error message.

Error.txt (5.0 KB)

If you create an element entry for ZDataField, like I posted above, it will work.

I don’t see the difference from your image and mine. Can you explain more?

DId you add this ?

1 Like

Hello, Seems like a good place to put this!
I am trying to backup all my Customizations I have done in test before applying them to a newly imported PASS2 Database towards our final conversion.
I was worried about all the _UD Extended Properties Tables that go along with my Customizations, so I just used the Search for “ZDataTable” and then added a Custom Filter to only search for tables CONTAINING “_UD” and then added all of them to a standalone solution. This way I have them all regardless of if I forgot one on an individual Customization Solution.
See attached
George HicksAllUDTablesSOL

@danbedwards

I dont think this works well with base Epicor Tables. For example I have UD03, where I changed the UDFieldLabel, but in the cab the ZDataFieldSearch BO does not bring enough columns. All it tries to modify is:

No Format, No Label, pretty much just useless stuff. I havent found a good way to include Extended Properties modified through “Extended Properties” Screen, I still rely on Paste Update.

Sounds like a feature suggestion for Epicor to include.

As for just including the entire ZDataTable, works great with _UD but not trying to modify the Extended Props for lets say UD03.

You will be flooded with errors:

[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'UDReadOnly' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar18', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'SysRevID' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar18', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'DelimiterCheck' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar18', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'IsHidden' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar18', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'Required' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'ReadOnly' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'External' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'Included' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'IsDescriptionField' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'SystemFlag' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'UDRequired' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:38 PM]  'UDReadOnly' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:39 PM]  'SysRevID' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:39 PM]  'DelimiterCheck' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:39 PM]  'IsHidden' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar19', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:39 PM]  'Required' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar20', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:39 PM]  'ReadOnly' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar20', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:39 PM]  'External' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar20', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.
[12/12/2019 1:42:39 PM]  'Included' is restricted property for field, 'ShortChar20', and cannot be replaced in ZDataField.

Back to Paste Update for me! :expressionless:

1 Like

I just wanted to say “thank you” to those who contributed to this old post. I have successfully configured my Element Maintenance (aka Solution Element Entry) for ZDataField with the various display columns, added to a solution and installed it in another environment. This is a great thing to have when rolling out UDnn table solutions.

Just got burnt by extended properties importing a dashboard. The dashboard was using OrderHed.Plant. The dev environment had Plant configured as a like field, the dashboard had a tracker on it with a combo box which worked in the dev environment. On importing the dashboard no combo box just a text box. The dashboard export even showed that the object was a combo box…I was confused…

Then I thought about extended properties and there was the difference no like field config on the destination database.