BPM to Service Connect

I would.  Just adjust your “Ostring” to send Service Connect the additional value (see example).  I am a bit of a control freak, so I like to pass as much as possible to SC as well as I think it is less expensive to do the searching with the ABL. 

HEADER RECORD:

OString = "CompanyID,CustNum".

PUT UNFORMATTED Ostring SKIP(0).

CODE & DETAIL RECORDS:

FOR EACH ttCustomer WHERE (ttCustomer.Company = CUR-COMP) no-lock.

DO.

Ostring = trim(ttCustomer.Company) +  "," + trim(string(ttCustomer.CustNum)) .

END. END.

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of wayne.welsch@...
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:42 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: RE: [Vantage] RE: BPM to Service Connect

First of all, thanks for the feedback - I have Service Connect picking up info from a BPM. Awesome!

In light of your suggestions that getting the BPM to pull the ProjectID from the OrderDtl table may be the better route to go, how do you accomplish that? ABL/4GL code?

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

absolutely

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of wayne.welsch@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:05 AM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: BPM to Service Connect

Could a Customer Shipment BPM alert pull fields from the OrderDtl table? Bottom line, I need the shipment alert to include a ProjectID.

Thanks

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <brenda@...> wrote:

I use the BPM, to create a .csv file for the Service Connect Drop Folder. So essentially the BPM identifies the record to act on and service connect looks it up and acts on it. I use this basic template for a lot of different things:

DEF VAR Outfile AS CHAR format 'X(1000)' no-undo.

DEF VAR OString AS CHAR format 'X(1000)' no-undo.

Outfile = "\\humservcon\SCWork\ARInvTrans\Drop\InvApp.csv".

OUTPUT TO VALUE(Outfile).

OString = "Invoice".

FOR EACH ttInvcHead WHERE (ttInvcHead.Company = CUR-COMP) no-lock.

IF AVAILABLE ttInvcHead THEN DO:

Ostring = trim(string(ttInvcHead.InvoiceNum,">>>>9")).

END. END. /*** ttInvcHead ***/

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] BPM to Service Connect

I definitely concur here, keep it simple.

But to answer your original question, the bpm sends a schema populated with data (specifically the request side) of the method invoked. Use the advanced button to export this schema then simply drop that into the scs\schemas\userschemas and you can assign them from there in your conversion elements.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Ted Koch <tkoch77@...<mailto:tkoch77@...>> wrote:

Why not use the BPM to send the email rather than service connect?

From: "wayne.welsch@...<mailto:wayne.welsch@...>" <wayne.welsch@...<mailto:wayne.welsch@...>>
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 4:16 PM
Subject: [Vantage] BPM to Service Connect

I am a new participant to this forum.

I am trying to program Service Connect to email an alert for customer shipments via a call from a BPM. So far I have been able to get Service Connect to send a simple "test alert" but have not been able to get it to retrieve information from the customer current shipment record. How does Service Connect pick up records when it a workflow is called by a BPM? Thus far, my only experience is in feeding .xls files to Service Connect.

Epicor Version: Vista 8.03.409c

Service Connect Version: 9.05

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I am trying to program Service Connect to email an alert for customer shipments via a call from a BPM. So far I have been able to get Service Connect to send a simple "test alert" but have not been able to get it to retrieve information from the customer current shipment record. How does Service Connect pick up records when it a workflow is called by a BPM? Thus far, my only experience is in feeding .xls files to Service Connect.

But to answer your original question, the bpm sends a schema populated with data (specifically the request side) of the method invoked.  Use the advanced button to export this schema then simply drop that into the scs\schemas\userschemas and you can assign them from there in your conversion elements.

Ted Koch <tkoch77@...> wrote:

I use the BPM, to create a .csv file for the Service Connect Drop Folder.  So essentially the BPM identifies the record to act on and service connect looks it up and acts on it.  I use this basic template for a lot of different things:

OString = "Invoice".

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek

But to answer your original question, the bpm sends a schema populated with data (specifically the request side) of the method invoked.  Use the advanced button to export this schema then simply drop that into the scs\schemas\userschemas and you can assign them from there in your conversion elements.

Could a Customer Shipment BPM alert pull fields from the OrderDtl table? Bottom line, I need the shipment alert to include a ProjectID. 

Thanks

I use the BPM, to create a .csv file for the Service Connect Drop Folder.  So essentially the BPM identifies the record to act on and service connect looks it up and acts on it.  I use this basic template for a lot of different things:

OString = "Invoice".

Brenda

absolutely

Rob Bucek

Thanks

I use the BPM, to create a .csv file for the Service Connect Drop Folder. So essentially the BPM identifies the record to act on and service connect looks it up and acts on it. I use this basic template for a lot of different things:

OString = "Invoice".

Brenda

But to answer your original question, the bpm sends a schema populated with data (specifically the request side) of the method invoked. Use the advanced button to export this schema then simply drop that into the scs\schemas\userschemas and you can assign them from there in your conversion elements.

From: "wayne.welsch@...<mailto:wayne.welsch@...>" <wayne.welsch@...<mailto:wayne.welsch@...>>

Try a little ABL magic on the BPM. Something like below (untested).  And then use the ttCallContextBpmData field in your notification.  You will of course need to “flavor to taste” so to speak.

FIND FIRST ttCallContextBpmData no-lock .

FOR EACH ttShipDtl WHERE (ttShipDtl.Company = CUR-COMP) no-lock.

IF AVAILABLE ttShipDtl THEN DO:

FOR EACH OrderDtl WHERE (OrderDtl.Company = CUR-COMP) AND (OrderDtl. OrderNum = ttShipDtl.OrderNum) AND (OrderDtl. OrderLine = ttShipDtl.OrderLine) no-lock.

OrderDtl.ProjectID = ttCallContextBpmData.Character01.

END.

END.

Brenda

Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:05 AM

Thanks

OString = "Invoice".

Brenda

First of all, thanks for the feedback - I have Service Connect picking up info from a BPM. Awesome!

In light of your suggestions that getting the BPM to pull the ProjectID from the OrderDtl table may be the better route to go, how do you accomplish that? ABL/4GL code?

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

absolutely

Rob Bucek

Thanks

OString = "Invoice".

Brenda