Blackout Days for Scheduling

Is there a way to “blackout” or set any arbitrary day as a holiday so Epicor won’t schedule jobs to start on it?

Far as I know, everything is based on the Production Calendar and the only way to blackout dates is to mark them on the calendar. I suspect there is a more automated way, or table-editing way to do it…

1 Like

So it looks like Erp.ProdCalDay is the table that stores exceptions to the calendar in Erp.ProdCal. And by my basic inspection of DMT, there is not yet a way to enter calendar exceptions - like loading up a list of Holidays for the next year(s).

there is no import for that, however you can select all days at once (while clicking Ctrl) and toggle them

Epicor support’s response is thus:

Go to Production Calendar entry, located in Job Management > Setup. Select a calendar, select the Working Days > Month screen. Here, click a Holiday, then click the Toggle Day button at the bottom to make it a Non Work day.

That works good enough for our production team. However, I’m wondering if there is similar functionality to black out days for Sales Order Releases. We want to stop sales users from setting due dates on Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years day. You’d think it would be obvious but then again, sales does what sales wants, consequences be darned.

you can apply BPM to do that when sales orders line/releases created or/and updated

1 Like