Betty Blocks?

Does anyone have any experience with this platform? It looks similar to Bezlio. Bezlio claimed to be no-code/low code, and while it may be the case that it’s significantly easier than writing code form scratch, you still had to know what the code did to use it.

Does this platforms claims of “no-code” actually mean no- code? or is it all relative? (seems like no-code to a coder, but to someone with limited coding experience, it’s actually a lot of code)

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with it. The ad showed up on this site. (which I suppose doesn’t mean much, because dating asian singles shows up too)

1 Like

Is it anything like LabView? Which to me, was harder to use than actual coding.

Imagine the widgets used for things like a switch/case statement …

On the site it mentions an “escape hatch” where it says, if you want to, you can write your own code. What that means in practice? I have no idea.

I don’t even know what that word means.

I don’t know what you are talking about :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You had put in in quotes, so I assumed that was there term for the “feature”

no, just a typo. They use the term escape hatch though.

I just watched the demo video and it looks like it’s a lot easier to use than Bezlio (for the no-code crowd). They seem to have more templates to use, and able to do more things with built out UI interfaces. It’s using webservices, and I can recognize the REST in the system. I don’t know how easily it scales up to be read/write, but I would imagine with REST getting better and better in Epicor, it should make it easier and easier to get this to integrate.

It looks very interesting. I would like to be able to develop things for the shop floor since the hand held menus are so hard to use as it. (key phrase, would like to. Even with an advanced “easy button” tool, I’m sure I am way over my head)

And I suppose I should just get our from under my rock and google “no-code platforms”. There are lots out there. :man_facepalming:

1 Like