Bart Tender Label ODBC / RDD

Hi,
Setup the Bartender Commander to look for .bt file and after process that file the Bartender rename the file as .bak. Setup RDD and Report Style along with BAM to creat the .bt file to process through Bartender Commander.

To: "vantage@yahoogroups.com" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:06 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Bart Tender Label ODBC / RDD

<div id="ygrps-yiv-1420388487yiv5396588629ygrp-text">

<div class="ygrps-yiv-1420388487yiv5396588629WordSection1"><div class="ygrps-yiv-1420388487yiv5396588629MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D;">Hi,</span></div><div class="ygrps-yiv-1420388487yiv5396588629MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D;">I have not used ODBC, but instead have used a BAM to use in conjunction with the RDDs.&nbsp; It has been a while, but from what I remember, the BAM will output a file with a .bt extension (and you setup the Bartender Commander to change it to .dat).&nbsp; You connect using the text option and point it to the .dat file.</span></div><div class="ygrps-yiv-1420388487yiv5396588629MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D;"> &nbsp;</span></div><div class="ygrps-yiv-1420388487yiv5396588629MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D;">I am not sure what parameters you want to set, but you can setup number of copies within bartender as a static number or as a value from one of the fields in your data…You can also use prompts similar to crystal, but I have

not tried those much.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jarradlayne
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:24 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Bart Tender Label ODBC / RDD

Hello Group,

I have questions regarding Bar Tender and E9.

How is a RDD's out put set as a datasource on bar tender v9.4 SR3? I see excel files, Txt files, Idoc files as options
and a lot of OLE type connections but nothing similar to Crystal (what I'm familiar with) Where data source list includes something like .ado where i can point to a folder to grab the info.

OR

How do I get an ODBC bar tender label added to a style or a new menu item?

I'm using Bar Tender set up with an ODBC connection, however everything I've done thus far with labels in E9 revolves around RDD's. I also do not see where one can set parameters for a label to print? I'm familiar with Crystal but new to Bar Tender. Even a nudge in a general direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

</div>

Hello Group,

How is a RDD's out put set as a datasource on bar tender v9.4 SR3? I see excel files, Txt files, Idoc files as options and a lot of OLE type connections but nothing similar to Crystal (what I'm familiar with) Where data source list includes something like .ado where i can point to a folder to grab the info.

OR

I'm using Bar Tender set up with an ODBC connection, however everything I've done thus far with labels in E9 revolves around RDD's. I also do not see where one can set parameters for a label to print? I'm familiar with Crystal but new to Bar Tender. Even a nudge in a general direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I have not used ODBC, but instead have used a BAM to use in conjunction with the RDDs.  It has been a while, but from what I remember, the BAM will output a file with a .bt extension (and you setup the Bartender Commander to change it to .dat).  You connect using the text option and point it to the .dat file.

I am not sure what parameters you want to set, but you can setup number of copies within bartender as a static number or as a value from one of the fields in your data…You can also use prompts similar to crystal, but I have not tried those much.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jarradlayne
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:24 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Bart Tender Label ODBC / RDD

Hello Group,

How is a RDD's out put set as a datasource on bar tender v9.4 SR3? I see excel files, Txt files, Idoc files as options and a lot of OLE type connections but nothing similar to Crystal (what I'm familiar with) Where data source list includes something like .ado where i can point to a folder to grab the info.

OR

Thanks