Back to previous versions

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of changing jobs, and in the new company they use EPICOR 9.5 I believe. Currently I have experience only with 10.2. something something the newest one (We are SaaS).

Could you please be so kind to share some of the critical heads up I need to pay close attention to? I will need to review what would be better: switching to another ERP or Upgrading.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

I’d go to 10 as soon as possible. 9 is still a progress back end and an entirely different architecture.
Upgrading is your best bet you should be able to do so pretty easily assuming you aren’t extremely customized.

3 Likes

You need to go to 10. You need to also work with your CAM and review the Upgrade Services (CIRRUS) tool they have now. I am currently using it and it is AWESOME! The database gets complete upgraded in the cloud. Epicor can help you as much or as little as you need.

2 Likes

I would agree, 10 is much nicer to work with…especially for the BPM’s…

Even if you are heavily customized… Users already have knowledge of the actual version, 10 will have about same looks in Classic mode…but nicer in new mode ! :wink:

If you are alone, responsible for all this migration… I may suggest the assistance of a VAR which would help you into the migration process…

Going into another ERP would be a much greater effort… If management is satisfied with Epicor…stick with it.

Pierre

1 Like

Now, if you need TWO asses, then Jose and Chris are your guys… :wink:

4 Likes

BTW, I’m with @Hogardy, @jeowings, and @josecgomez, get to 10 as soon as possible and use Cirrus and save yourself some grief.

Mark W.

2 Likes

hahaha nice one! oops!

You do can read between lines! I will contact you haha

1 Like

Thank you all!!