Available to Promise - Does not show Available correctly

The Available to Promise form is showing OnHand values and is not accounted for allocated inventory such as ‘Picked Qty’.

I have had to create my own dashboard to show the TRUE availability.

I submitted a case (CS0001223548) to EpiCare and was told the issue has been reported almost 2 years ago (PRB0139054) with a potential of being fixed in 10.2.400. :open_mouth:

Would it be possible to get a copy of your Dashboard and BAQ’s?

Thanks
Bob

Attached is the Dashboard and BAQ export. version 10.2.300.9.

AvailToProm.dbd (256.6 KB)

1 Like

It also shows Buy to Order Qty’s and for Receipts it shows Drop Ship Qty’s. Or at least it does for us. We are on 10.1.600.

Matt, Thanks!

Does your dashboard exclude unfirmed manufacturing jobs. This really boogers up our Available to Promise because it thinks unfirmed jobs will be available and they haven’t been scheduled.

Thanks again!
Bob

Unfirm Jobs are not included in the ‘Available’ quantity.

Available is calculated by PartBin.OnhandQty - PartBin.AllocatedQty, so it won’t count Jobs until they are complete and the parts are in inventory.

Matt,
Sorry but I was talking about replenishment’s. When entering a customer order in Epicor 905 we see unfirmed jobs as available inventory on the due date. The due date is just calculated by MRP and isn’t accurate.

Thanks,
Bob

If you are looking at the Time-Phase, that would be correct. MRP is calculating that due date as the need by date. Something is triggering that need. Minimum Inventory? New Orders?

As to available, the available to promise would trigger the MRP and the balance (at that time) plus the new MRP job would make it available.

Charlie