"Attempt to update CNVProgs record" error when running conversio

Thx Steve, I'll do just that.

Sent from Mike's Iphone5

On Sep 30, 2013, at 5:13 PM, "Stephen Edginton" <stephene@...<mailto:stephene@...>> wrote:

No Problem,
I’m sure they will have a fix available, but if not let me know and I can get something done

Thanks,

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Abell
Sent: 30 September 2013 22:30
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [Vantage] "Attempt to update CNVProgs record" error when running conversion program 8920 (End Activity on Active Labor Detail Transactions)

Thanks Steve, I’ve bounced it off of EpiCor support so I’m hoping they can help me out….We are on 8.03.406 Progress.. I guess I was hoping there was a simple solution that I wouldn’t have to go through EpiCor to solve but it is what it is. Thanks again!

Mike Abell
Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office: 931.432.1853 ext 302
Mobile: 615.418.3055
email: MAbell@...<mailto:MAbell@...>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Stephen Edginton
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 4:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] "Attempt to update CNVProgs record" error when running conversion program 8920 (End Activity on Active Labor Detail Transactions)

Hi Mike,

This is a relatively simple thing to fix.

The cnvProgs table is the table that stores all of the conversions and it has a columns called RunLog
Depending on your flavour of backend (Progress vs SQL) the limit of this can vary but let’s assume progress
You then have a limit of 32,000 charters

When a conversion run attempts to update the fact that it worked ok (the log), it errors trying to append to this historic logs already there.

So you need to clear or purge out the RunLog for this particular cnvprogs conversion sequence.

There is no user runnable conversion that I know of that purges the conversion table (a conversion to fix the conversions to fix things !) anyway

So depending on your available skillset and tools

1) Contact Epicor Support, ask for a fix procedure

2) Write a progress procedure yourself to purge this

3) Contact a partner ask for help on a fix procedure

4) Update via SQL (at your own risk)

Also when posting please include details such as version / platform as this can help decipher your options

Hope that helps

Regards,

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Abell
Sent: 30 September 2013 15:54
Subject: [Vantage] "Attempt to update CNVProgs record" error when running conversion program 8920 (End Activity on Active Labor Detail Transactions)

Have’nt heard anything so I thought I’d request again. Anyone know how to fix this???????

Mike Abell

Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 5:28 PM
Subject: "Attempt to update CNVProgs record" error when running conversion program 8920 (End Activity on Active Labor Detail Transactions)

I'm getting a "Attempt to update CnvProgs record data exceeding 32000 (12370)" error whenever I try to run this conversion program to "kick people out" when they accidentally clock into two things at once. It is immediately followed by a "unable to update CnvProgs field" error. I then have to manually close the Vantage admin tools process as it is toast at this point and the conversion will not run. I use this toll quite frequently and need it to work. I was told previously this was due to a log file that was full. Anyone know how to manually “clear” the log (where is it?) or is it something I can easily delete??

Mike Abell
email: MAbell@...<mailto:MAbell%40flexial.com>

Mike Abell

I'm getting a "Attempt to update CnvProgs record data exceeding 32000 (12370)" error whenever I try to run this conversion program to "kick people out" when they accidentally clock into two things at once. It is immediately followed by a "unable to update CnvProgs field" error. I then have to manually close the Vantage admin tools process as it is toast at this point and the conversion will not run.  I use this toll quite frequently and need it to work.  I was told previously this was due to a log file that was full.  Anyone know how to manually “clear” the log (where is it?) or is it something I can easily delete??

Mike Abell
email: MAbell@...

Mike Abell

Office:   931.432.1853 ext 302
Mobile:  615.418.3055

email:  MAbell@...

Have’nt heard anything so I thought I’d request again.  Anyone know how to fix this???????

Mike Abell

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: "Attempt to update CNVProgs record" error when running conversion program 8920 (End Activity on Active Labor Detail Transactions)

I'm getting a "Attempt to update CnvProgs record data exceeding 32000 (12370)" error whenever I try to run this conversion program to "kick people out" when they accidentally clock into two things at once. It is immediately followed by a "unable to update CnvProgs field" error. I then have to manually close the Vantage admin tools process as it is toast at this point and the conversion will not run.  I use this toll quite frequently and need it to work.  I was told previously this was due to a log file that was full.  Anyone know how to manually “clear” the log (where is it?) or is it something I can easily delete??

Mike Abell

Mike Abell

Hi Mike,

The cnvProgs table is the table that stores all of the conversions and it has a columns called RunLog

Depending on your flavour of backend (Progress vs SQL) the limit of this can vary but let’s assume progress

When a conversion run attempts to update the fact that it worked ok (the log), it errors trying to append to this historic logs already there.

So you need to clear or purge out the RunLog for this particular cnvprogs conversion sequence.

There is no user runnable conversion that I know of that purges the conversion table (a conversion to fix the conversions to fix things !) anyway

1)      Contact Epicor Support, ask for a fix procedure

2)      Write a progress procedure yourself to purge this

3)      Contact a partner ask for help on a fix procedure

4)      Update via SQL (at your own risk)

Also when posting please include details such as version / platform as this can help decipher your options

Hope that helps

Regards,

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Abell
Subject: [Vantage] "Attempt to update CNVProgs record" error when running conversion program 8920 (End Activity on Active Labor Detail Transactions)

Have’nt heard anything so I thought I’d request again.  Anyone know how to fix this???????

Mike Abell

Mike Abell

Mike Abell

Thanks Steve, I’ve bounced it off of EpiCor support so I’m hoping they can help me out….We are on 8.03.406 Progress..  I guess I was hoping there was a simple solution that I wouldn’t have to go through EpiCor to solve but it is what it is.  Thanks again!

Mike Abell

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Stephen Edginton

Hi Mike,

Hope that helps

Regards,

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Abell

Mike Abell

Mike Abell

Mike Abell

No Problem,

I’m sure they will have a fix available, but if not let me know and I can get something done

Thanks,

Sent: 30 September 2013 22:30

Thanks Steve, I’ve bounced it off of EpiCor support so I’m hoping they can help me out….We are on 8.03.406 Progress..  I guess I was hoping there was a simple solution that I wouldn’t have to go through EpiCor to solve but it is what it is.  Thanks again!

Mike Abell

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Stephen Edginton

Hi Mike,

Hope that helps

Regards,

Mike Abell

Mike Abell

Mike Abell