AR Write Off in bulk

Hi guys,

I received a request to help our finance department write off AR invoices with very small balances in bulk. Unfortunately, Epicor’s AR Write Off and Adjustment module is one at a time… And this doesn’t exist as a DMT import. EUG had a feature request to add bulk processing capability, but that was in 2011 to Epicor9.

Is there a way to speed it up? Thanks for the advice!

Update - The Epicor DMT team looked into it, and based on how Epicor’s AR Write Off business object is written, it’s not possible to add that feature to DMT.

Any suggestions? Unfortunately, we don’t have a Service Connect developer license. Scope of the project is to write off thousands of small balances brought over at GoLive from our legacy system to not require one of our AR folks to do it all manually.

Any ideas?

You could do it by using DMT credit memo and Apply credit memo. Other than that a custom program to function like the write off process using IMPL, SOAP or REST would have to be created.

Hi Matt - Thanks for the suggestions. I checked DMT, and there is the ‘Memo’ type, but that looks like it’s for memo text notes, not credit $ memos. The only thing I saw in the DMT search for ‘credit’ was Misc Charge Credit (purchasing) and RMA Credit. Is it listed under a different term?

I’m just getting started learning REST, so that path will have to wait for now. Can’t wait until we’re live on 10.2, and I get a chance to dig into it some more.

1 Like

:slight_smile: Try the URL, I just change it back to their sandbox URL.

I just checked my dmt and I have it. What version of epicor are you running?

@MattSpotts - We’re on 10.0.700.4. What’s the menu trail in DMT where it’s found? Thanks for the help!

I knew you were going to ask that :slight_smile: Management > Financials > Credit Memo. No problem I like helping where I can. God knows this forum has helped me a lot.

Matt - Thanks. Looks like we don’t have that in DMT 4.0.32.0 for 10.0.700. I’ll ask the DMT team if they can add it.

Take a look at the very bottom of finance. Mine aren’t in alphabetical order but I am wondering if yours is at the bottom like mine.

@MattSpotts - Thanks! What version of DMT & Epicor are you using? I’ve got a dialog open with the DMT team…

DMT 4.0.16.0 for 10.1.500.2
We are running version 10.1.500.17