AR invoice not posting

Epicor version 9.05.701

We have a zero value invoice in AR invoice entry that will not post.

I have ran conversion 10250 to unlock it but it still locks each time i try to post.
Not sure what is wrong with it, it doesn’t go to review journal.

Any suggestions? (It is just the 1 invoice in the group).

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I’ve seen that before. For some reason epicor won’t post an invoice
with no gl transaction if it’s in its own group. If you put it in a group
with an invoice with value, it should post just fine…

Andrew Fagan
afagan@sonasgrp.com
617-335-0505

sadly, that theory didn’t work - everything else in the group posted apart from that one transaction.

When I was on 9.05 we would do an invoice for a penny and then credit it out. That I believe is the only way we could get a $0 AR to post. Hope this helps.

Ok. I’ll do some testing on it. what version of Epicor are you running?

I’ve been able to do this in E9 and early versions of 10…

Andrew Fagan
Sonas Group, LLC
Sonas Intelligence LLC
617-335-0505

since there are not GL Transactions, I have rec’d some One Offs from Epicor. They allow me to zero out the Invoice and open/close.

2018-01-03_8-35-12

I am currently on 10.1.500 I remember this being an issue on 9.05.701 but that was years ago. I am not sure if any patches fixed that or not. I was pretty green to Epicor when that happened to me.

I tried ensuring their was a value but that didn’t work either.
I’ve asked the processor to remove the packalip and SO and try again but from scratch

Check the posting date and the invoice date?

Did this Invoice have a Deposit or Advanced Billing against the Sales Order?

If so, you will need to re-open the Sales Order for Deposits and lines and releases for Advanced Billing

Another stretch thing to check is if the Customer was accidentally set to only be billed on a specific day of the month.

Got there. Here is the fix (on this occasion)

1. unlock the invoice using conversion 10250.
  2. delete the invoice and lines associated with it.
  3. delete the associated packing slip.
  4. cancel or delete the associated sales order.
  5. check customer is set up correctly and as Calvin mentions about the billing terms.
  6. put a new sales order on.
  7. create a new pack slip.
  8. create the invoice.
  9. guess what? For me it still didn’t post SO I added a unit price for the line of 0.01.
  10. I reviewed the entry in print group edit list and interestingly it also had populated other zero value invoices that I hadn’t even pulled through !!.. These were old items but not sure why they appeared on the report but not in the group.
    Anyway, I was happy with the group.
  11. I posted and it posted!! Hooray.
  12. I made a copy of the double entry journal I had made to force it through and sent it to the finance dept to reverse.

Long winded but persistence pays off!

So into Customer Credit Manager … Uncheck ‘Include Orders in Credit’. I reset this checkbox after the post.