AP Invoice with Currency Rounding

We have a currency invoice for 481.29 USD @ 1.4000, which has 3 lines, each for 160.43 USD. Clearly this totals fine in USD, but when the invoice is posted the result is “Sum of the lines isn’t equal to the total value.”

Switching to GBP in AP Invoice Entry, it does show a Rounding value of 0.01. (The invoice total is 343.78 GBP but the line amounts are 343.77 - from 3 * 114.593).

So far we have tried:

• Book Maintenance - Posting/Rounding Difference Tolerance
  • The GL Control for AP Account/APDEF has a GL Account for the Rounding Difference context

This is a new Epicor system, so it’s bound to be something obvious …

Hi Dave,

Which version are you in, we had this issue in 1.400.15. we are no more seeing this error in 1.600.19.

Contact support they have fixes, please let me know in case if you need further clarifications.

Regards

Joji

The problem here is that the system did the math of the line items to the total FIRST, and then rounded all the values. This does turn into a currency rounding issue. I believe that this is why we have special GL accounts to resolve any rounding differences.image

That said, I agree, that there may be a problem here that Tech Support may have a resolution for. it does not seem reasonable to have an invoice that doesn’t add up.

Hi, thanks for the replies,

@joji - thanks, we are on 10.1.500.9, that seems possible.

@timshuwy - exactly, sometimes the “sum of the rounds” differs from the “round of the sum”. Can you point us to where to set the special GL account for this difference? The ones we tried so far are:

• Book Maintenance - Posting/Rounding Difference Tolerance
  • The GL Control for AP Account/APDEF has a GL Account for the Rounding Difference context

Regards,
Dave

We got this working.

For reference, the solution was:

• Book Maintenance, under Posting - set a Rounding Difference Tolerance and Account
  • Currency maintenance, under Rounding - set an Extended Price multiplier with a Rule of “Round to Nearest”