AP Correction

Hello Guys
I would like to know what happened with the old invoice when you make a correction. I have an AP invoice that the creation day by mistake was 2019 i would like to correct this invoice but when i make the correction the new invoice have balance 0. I haven’t post the correction yet. I would like to know what happened to the old invoice before i post the correction.

Through what screen are you making this “correction”? And are you trying this in your test environment? as you can see I obviously do not remember what happens to the “old” invoice…but this would answer your own questions! :slight_smile:

Manasa

i am working in the AP invoice entry, and i am not in test. i am trying to get test up in a different VM, but until then i have to work in life, that is why, i want to know what happened before post but thanks for your help tho.

I can try in my test for you…are you just changing the date on the invoice in question? Or are you changing anything else?

Manasa

i am just changing the address, and i would really apreciated

Last question…was the invoice posted with the wrong address? You mentioned date in your original message…now you are saying address, so I am a little confused…Manasa

I am sorry the original invoice was posted with an Invoice date of 10/24/2019 and we want to change it to 10/24/2016

Next to last question…

Was it the Apply date or the Invoice date that was wrong? I ask because the ONLY way to make actual corrections to AP Invoices is through the Adjustment screen…and the only things in there you can make changes to are the Apply date or the dollar value…and of course change the GL account the cost goes to…

What you will be doing is making the change to the actual invoice and therefore the original invoice has changed. The system does not keep the “old” invoice.

Now if you need the original information then my suggestion is that you create change logs to record your changes before you actually make them…then you have a record of it.

Is there anything I am not addressing here? If I need to clarify anything please let me know…Manasa

Well if you go to AP invoice entry and you create a group you can go actions and Correct invoice.when you use that screen, it allows you to change the address, and the invoice number. My question is if i use that screen if the system delete the original and use the corrected one or if it keep both.

If you don’t change the invoice # then you are correcting the original. If you change the invoice number you are keeping both…which then will really screw you up because you are doubling your expenses…not a good road to go down…

Manasa

got you but when we change the invoice number the new invoice actually have all the lines of the original plus negative amount lines. For Instance if the original invoice had 2 lines the new one will have 4 lines 2 with positive value and 2 with negative.Can i go ahead and make the correction without changing the invoicenum and that will correct the invoice date ?

Looks like it wont let you do it…you have to create a new invoice number and then change the date…but then if you try to put in a new number…it doesn’t like that either…this has got to be the most ridiculous way to correct something…

You are definitely going to want to test this…this is my result…and it looks very odd:

Correction Invoice.docx (16.9 KB)

It is keeping it but making the new one zero…Manasa

The idea behind the correction invoice is that it creates “reversals” for the original lines, then “additions” for the new lines, hence the net effect of zero. You can then adjust the “addition” lines for whatever reason. It is done this way because Epicor assumes that you will want to pay the original invoice number and show that on the check stub as your supplier won’t really know what invoice “abcd-correction” means. You’ll notice that when you create the invoice correction, you are actually creating an entirely new invoice. It’s just a short cut instead of creating a debit memo, then a new invoice for the new amounts.

In your case, it sounds like your real issue is around the date. I didn’t see where you mentioned which date, invoice date or apply date. If your issue is with the invoice date, you can use Posted Invoice Update to just change the due date. Not perfect but you won’t have to create a debit memo to wash out the old and create a new one.

If the incorrect date is the apply date, you have two options – update the due date on the invoice (if it’s incorrect) and have accounting make a journal entry to move the financial aspects to 2016 OR create a debit memo in the same period as the wrong invoice, then a new invoice in the correct period.

Andy Cicala
Partner
[TGem_final]
Delivering Effective Business Solutions
Mobile: (973) 615-5033
www.trigemco.com
Acicala@trigemco.commailto:Acicala@trigemco.com

Thanks for all your help Manasa y really apreciated

No problem…but if you have more questions on this you can always contact me off list….

M. Manasa Reddy
P: 703.471.7145 x454
manasa@euclidsys.commailto:manasa@euclidsys.com

Andy, that explains everything…I was wondering why it was doing that, thank you! Manasa

acicala thanks a lot for your help

Hope it helped :smiling_face:
Or at least explained why it was doing what it was doing

Andy Cicala
Partner
[TGem_final]
Delivering Effective Business Solutions
Mobile: (973) 615-5033
www.trigemco.com
Acicala@trigemco.commailto:Acicala@trigemco.com

yeah it did thanks a lot for your help