Anyone integrate with scrumdo?

I’m exploring ways to managing tasks and flow of jobs through the office and production floor. Currently we use Basecamp and it’s simple, which is nice, but we could maybe use a little more functionality. I’ve been exploring scrumdo which is a task platform geared toward tech development, but I like a lot of the functionality. It might be a bit to complicated for my organization as a whole, but something interesting that I ran across was the ability to integrate using Rest. The ability to automate creation of tasks may make the extra learning curve worth it to save some time.

Has anyone attempted an integration like this? I wouldn’t be able to do it myself, but if it’s something that has been done successfully before it might be worth looking into.

Well now this got me thinking and so I looked (thanks google) and there is a API for basecamp as well. (Basecamp2 in our case).

Theoretically, I should be able to put a button in epicor that talks to basecamp out on the internet, creates/updates a todo based on what I have on my screen within epicor, and then get back information from basecamp (like proof of existence of the task, or due date or something like that). Right?

Am I just dreaming of super complicated stuff that’s not really worth the work?

Sounds like a worthy task. You should take a look at some examples of consuming a RESTful service in C# on the internet for a better idea of what would be involved.

Now I’ve really gone down the rabbit hole! There are a lot of cool things out there I had no idea existed. A cool platform that I found is Zapier. Zapier can connect to all kinds of sites. One thing that it can do is create items based on e-mails that it receives. So I can automate e-mails to be sent out via BOM in epicor and then the appropriate task shows up in the chosen productivity solution we end up using.