Any Access 2007 people out there?

(system) #1

Thanks I will check.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

510-661-6666  Office

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nhoyt111@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:36 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Any Access 2007 people out there?

Hi Miguel,

Can you go into the design view of the form, go to the properties and then look at the Data / record source?  This should list the query/table used.

Also get properites on the radio button (option button) to see the control source for data (field) and any events associated with it.

This is in Office 2003, I think its called similarly in 2007.

nancy

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I have an access DB that I did not create and it is full of queries in which I dont know which are active or not.

We lost our custom reports, so the report that was used and exported out is not completely working with the access anymore.  It seems as if some of the filters in Access are not triggering.

Example of what the macro does.

We run this Material Shortage Report and export the data only to excel. (report contains job numbers, material on, issued, required, onhand based on WH and other data.

The db will print kitting labels to jobs and materials that are now available.  When it finds a job, it will print the label of the material we have on hand if there is still a remaining balance.  SO if Req Qty - Issued Qty = 0 (Rem Qty), it will not print that label, but if Rem Qty > 0 then it will print the label for us to kit.  well for some reason that filter of 0 is not working anymore with the new report ( I believe it also ignores backflush material).  The BAQ for the Shortage report is straight forward.  Just pulling fields from the results.

The issues I am having is that there are two radio buttons that are used.  Radio 1 is for jobs that have been kitted already but have shortages and radio 2 is for jobs that we have yet started.  I dont know what steps are happening when you click on Radio 1.  What steps are taken or what queries are being ran to get the labels out.

So if there is a consultant that knows access, we can do a webex and go over it.

Miguel A. Santillan

510-661-6666  Office

msantillan@...

(system) #2

I have an access DB that I did not create and it is full of queries in which I dont know which are active or not.

We lost our custom reports, so the report that was used and exported out is not completely working with the access anymore.  It seems as if some of the filters in Access are not triggering.

We run this Material Shortage Report and export the data only to excel. (report contains job numbers, material on, issued, required, onhand based on WH and other data.

The db will print kitting labels to jobs and materials that are now available.  When it finds a job, it will print the label of the material we have on hand if there is still a remaining balance.  SO if Req Qty - Issued Qty = 0 (Rem Qty), it will not print that label, but if Rem Qty > 0 then it will print the label for us to kit.  well for some reason that filter of 0 is not working anymore with the new report ( I believe it also ignores backflush material).  The BAQ for the Shortage report is straight forward.  Just pulling fields from the results.

The issues I am having is that there are two radio buttons that are used.  Radio 1 is for jobs that have been kitted already but have shortages and radio 2 is for jobs that we have yet started.  I dont know what steps are happening when you click on Radio 1.  What steps are taken or what queries are being ran to get the labels out.

So if there is a consultant that knows access, we can do a webex and go over it.

Miguel A. Santillan

510-661-6666  Office

msantillan@...

(system) #3

Hi Miguel,

Can you go into the design view of the form, go to the properties and then look at the Data / record source?  This should list the query/table used.

Also get properites on the radio button (option button) to see the control source for data (field) and any events associated with it.

This is in Office 2003, I think its called similarly in 2007.

nancy

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Miguel A. Santillan

510-661-6666  Office

msantillan@...