Announcing Epicor Integration (with 3rd Party System); Early Adopter Program!

Hi All - I am a product manager here at Epicor. You may have heard the announcement around our partnership with Jitterbit - a iPaaS provider (Integration Platform as a Service).

We have kicked off a pilot program and we are looking for customers to participate.

1. Do you have the requirement to integrate to a 3rd party system? (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, Concur, Workday etc. )
  2. Do you want the integration delivered turn-key within a short window via a proven modern integration platform?
  3. Are you running Epicor version 10.1.6x or later?

We have 6 spots left for this program. Please contact me for more information and to set up a discovery call!

Email: kelly.bernie@epicor.com
Phone: 617-901-2308

5 Likes

Interesting. I’ll send you an email with some questions.

2 Likes

Many thanks for this info.

@josecgomez @hkeric.wci @Mark_Wonsil

2 Likes

I haven’t used Jitterbit yet. Isn’t it just another ETL Solution; Are you ceasing investing in Service Connect? or is Jitterbit solving a different problem that Service Connect and Epicor + Other Apps RESTful API’s can’t,?

I think there are a few technical and business considerations here:

1. Jitterbit is owned by KKR, the same company that owns Epicor and I think KKR is trying to promote more ‘inter-family’ solutions. Makes alot of sense

2. Jitterbit is SaaS. And like all software publishers, the more revenue they can show as SaaS (i.e. recurring) the better it is for the investors.

3. Besides being slow, Service connect isn’t cloud friendly. You can’t use it with any of Epicor’s hosted/saas solutions. Jitterbit is built for making applications, both on-premise and cloud talk to each other. You don’t have to worry about domain authentication, direct access to databases etc.

5 Likes

Also @hkeric.wci Jitterbit has built in support for a lot of SaaS and existing applications (Dynamics, Sales Force etc) which SC does not.

4 Likes

@kelly.bernie @josecgomez @mchinsky
What I am trying to figure out… if a company has immediate plans to invest in their staff learning Service Connect. Should they proceed? or should they wait? and Jitterbit more than likely will be able to accomplish the same in a better way by communicating via Epicor REST API instead.

Same with APM… with DocStar being announced I know that I don’t need to dig deep into APM. In addition if a company hires a E9 Analyst - they can tell him with confidence, don’t invest more time than you need into Crystal Reports and we are ceising Crystal Rpt development since it’ll be SSRS in 12 months anyway after we upgrade.

Learn Service Connect in-depth, or not? Is it here to stay as part of the Epicor Toolbelt or is it being replaced?

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Microsoft Flow as an Alternative to SC

Got a few great answers from @Edge worth sharing for anyone wondering.

Q: What’s Happening with Service Connect

A: Service connect has a large customer base and works for those that need the capabilities to roll there own connectors and interfaces. It does not however work in the cloud only in a hybrid world, jitterbit is pure cloud and has a large array of connectors…

Q: So it will continue to receive updates and vNext Support for the time being?
Many misunderstood the announcement with Jitterbit as a upcoming replacement, so a few stopped investing in implementing anything with SC with the thought that Jitterbit + REST will be its replacement.

A: Yes even in the 10.2.400 release we have continued to invest in SC though better Rest support. But we are not re-engineering it for native cloud. We will be making more use-cases possible without jitterbit but if you need that level it’s there

2 Likes

So is that Microsoft Common Data Service or just a generic name? Also, would they use Jitterbit for Azure Functions and for PowerApps?

LBM gets a guernsey whoo hooo!