Amazon to Epicor

Afternoon Group,
I am wondering if anyone has done any sort of integration with pulling orders from Amazon through into Epicor with no manual data entry. Currently we get a PDF of the order and it gets manually entered but if it continues to grow this would become cumbersome and impractical. Does anyone have some guidance or recommendations?

Our Amazon orders enter Epicor via EDI. That’s both for Amazon direct fulfillment and warehouse fulfillment. I believe the only “manual” process our Amazon orders receive is when the orders to not pass to order entry and process in Demand Workbench or Demand Entry where the order needs review because of a discrepancy (pricing issue, inventory issue, etc). I would determine if you are eligible for EDI with Amazon and determine if this is the path you would like to venture. If it is, you can contact with Epicor and they can get you going on the EDI processes and how E10 works with it…once the kinks work out and you get familiar with it, it’s pretty snazzy! =D

1 Like

If you sell through “Vendor Central”, EDI is the way to go. But, if you sell through “Seller Central” (a.k.a. the Amazon Marketplace), you’ll have to integrate using their API and some custom code. I’ve done it and It’s not trivial, but not too terrible if you have some programming talent on staff.

1 Like

We developed our own cloud solution on Microsoft Azure; it integrates Amazon and Epicor using web services and the API. This was for an FDA medical device company. However, we did not use the EDI module (big cost savings). Like Kenneth said, it wasn’t trivial.

We’re using Amazon’s MWS xml files to parse orders, shipments, and payments per our programmer.

Jessica - With EDI, is that through the licensed module and Tie Kinetix?

How do you guys handle checking for duplicate customers (Amazon vs Direct-Sale)?

Yes it uses the licensed module and TIE Kinetix. As far as separation, we just have Amazon Warehouse set up as a separate customer that Amazon Direct Fulfillment so the EDI mappings are different in that sense also. Basically, we have an Amazon DS customer and then an Amazon Warehouse customer. Hasn’t seemed to cause issue for anything down the road and we have the duplicate PO check in place to avoid duplicated orders being processed electronically or manually it gives an error message to users saying the PO is already in use

Jessica,
I know this is an old post but, we are 1P with amazon and are going to switch over to EDI. My concern is how to handle the 753 and 754 within Epicor. Do you have any information about this?

Naomi - Sorry I just am seeing your post. I am not 100% sure what EDI docs the 753 and 754 are but, our EDI implementation team set up most everything, which we then maintained and managed. The mappings and such, we discussed and laid out with the implementation team in depth, ensuring we had covered everything we needed, but, we did also have customization for Amazon labeling both for dropship and warehouse orders, and we had a UD table established for all our EDI customers running ASN data at a certain point in our process to connect data and provide certain information how we required. Everything then was implemented in steps, doing things one at a time, baby steps, until we implemented mass automation where one click took car of everything. So, we went from one by one issuing an SSCC label for an Amazon warehouse order to an entire 1000 pc order printing all 1000 labels and all 1000 ASNs would get issued with every other ASN for that day in one click of the mouse as opposed to sending individually through vendor central. I recommend reaching out to your Epicor EDI coordinator/lead person and they will be able to assist you and know every different EDI doc that needs to be exchanged and how to properly map it.

How do you have your customers structured in Epicor. Do you have a one for one customer with amazon or top-level customer and shipto’s for individual customers?

the way I have seen different companies implement this type of interface to a commerce site is:

1. a single “cash customer” is created (could be Amazon in your case)… Since the commerce site is handling all the payments, it is not necesssary to setup AR / invoicing for this.
  2. when the order is “received” into the system, the order it is placed with the above customer, and also needs to have the ONE TIME SHIPTO assigned to the order specifying where to ship the product.
  3. the order is processed normally, and shipped normally to the one time shipto. Then a notification is sent back to the commerce site saying that the item is shipped.
1 Like