Adding an assembly for Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook

Hi,
The DLL needs to be in the Epicor905\Client folder on the client PC.  I have never been able to get it to work with the Global Assembly Cache which would have been a bonus.

If you need to deploy the dll then copy it to the Custom folder on the server Epicor905\Custom\....\<Country>\Client folder  just check the path we have country specific functionality so our path is slightly different.  Then what you can do is run the utility in the Epicor905\utilities folder for updating the config files.  (I’m doing this for memory and don’t have a server in front of me so forgive me for the rough instruction)

Run the exe and it will prompt you for your config file location on your server copy method and version. The version number will be something like 9.05.701.00.  Just increment the .00 to the next number eg .01  You can find the actual value that gets changed in the config file under customizations I recall.  I always take a look in the config file to make sure I am grabbing the next number.  It would be nice if the tool could work that out.  Anyway once you click ok it will update the customisation version number in all of the config files.

The next time the user logs in provide their shortcut is forced not to update (-skip flag) it will check its customisation version against the config file in the server and if it is less than the server version it will perform and update and grab the files from the customisation folder.  Deploying the file nicely.  I use it for hot fixes and once offs as it allows me to create a backup copy of the dll I am overwriting and it sends that to the client.

Hope you find the information useful.

Cheers
Simon Hall
I want to use the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook library in an epicor C# customization. I have went to Tools->Add Custom Reference and selected the .dll file I have on my desktop, but after adding the line 'using Outlook = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook' I get the typical error message of namespace not found.

Any ideas?
All the dll's need to reside in teh client folder unless you are pulling them from the GAC

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile
E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM, <ralmon@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>I want to use the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook library in an epicor C# customization. I have went to Tools-&gt;Add Custom Reference and selected the .dll file I have on my desktop, but after adding the line &#39;using Outlook = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook&#39; I get the typical error message of namespace not found.</p>

Any ideas?

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

I have put Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll in C:\Program Files\Epcior Software\Epicor905\client\ as well as on our Epicor server in the Epicor905\Client directory. 

I restartred my local epicor client and opened my customization and chose the dll file from my C:\program files\ epicor\epicor905\client directory and it still gives me  The type or namespace name 'Office' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

when I have 

using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook;

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

All the dll's need to reside in teh client folder unless you are pulling them from the GAC

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

<div>

<p>I want to use the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook library in an epicor C# customization. I have went to Tools-&gt;Add Custom Reference and selected the .dll file I have on my desktop, but after adding the line &#39;using Outlook = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook&#39; I get the typical error message of namespace not found.</p>

Any ideas?
</div>

How would I pull them from the GAC? Maybe I can try that?

I have put Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll in C:\Program Files\Epcior Software\Epicor905\client\ as well as on our Epicor server in the Epicor905\Client directory. 

I restartred my local epicor client and opened my customization and chose the dll file from my C:\program files\ epicor\epicor905\client directory and it still gives me  The type or namespace name 'Office' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

when I have 

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

<div>

Any ideas?
</div>

That requires reflection

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@…

Â

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM, <ralmon@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>Â How would I pull them from the GAC? Maybe I can try that?</p><div class="ygrps-yiv-650961666im"> <div><br><br>---In <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>, &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>

I have put Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll in C:\Program Files\Epcior Software\Epicor905\client\ as well as on our Epicor server in the Epicor905\Client directory.Â

when I haveÂ

—In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

Â

Â
<div>

Any ideas?
</div>

<div style="color:#fff;"></div>

</div>

So any ideas why I keep getting a namespace not found error after I've added the reference? How could I start troubleshooting?

That requires reflection

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

<div>

<p>&nbsp;How would I pull them from the GAC? Maybe I can try that?</p><div class="ygrps-yiv-681047360ygrps-yiv-1194056771im"> <div><br><br>---In <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>, &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>

when I have 

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

<div>

Any ideas?
</div>

</div>

If you brought in the reference and all its dependencies (if any) it should just work. I would refrain from aliasing as that could be causing a problem. If it is still not working try saving ti and closing all the way out.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

Â

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM, <ralmon@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>Â So any ideas why I keep getting a namespace not found error after I&#39;ve added the reference? How could I start troubleshooting?</p> <div><br><br>---In <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>, &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>

That requires reflection

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

E: jose@…

Â

Â
<div>

<p>Â How would I pull them from the GAC? Maybe I can try that?</p><div> <div><br><br>---In <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>, &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>

I have put Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll in C:\Program Files\Epcior Software\Epicor905\client\ as well as on our Epicor server in the Epicor905\Client directory.Â

when I haveÂ

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

Â

Â
<div>

Any ideas?
</div>

</div>

</div>