Adding AfterFieldChange event on UD table gives error on compile

Hello,

I have added UD13 table to my Sales order form via the wizard. I have attached Number03 field to a textbox. I wanted to add functionnality when user enters info in text box, it will set a today’s date in another text box, which is bound to Date01 field.

So via the wizard, I added a AfterFieldChange event to the UD table view so far so good.
Compiling after the addition does not give error.
Closing the form and reopening it will generate an error.

I recompile in design mode and now gets a compile error:(sorry it is in french…)

Error: CS1061 - line 252 (5158) - ‘Script’ ne contient pas une définition pour ‘UD13_Column’ et aucune méthode d’extension ‘UD13_Column’ acceptant un premier argument de type ‘Script’ n’a été trouvée (une directive using ou une référence d’assembly est-elle manquante ?)

for the following line In initializeCode generated and placed after the InitializeUD13…

this.UD13_Column.ColumnChanged += new DataColumnChangeEventHandler(this.UD13_AfterFieldChange);

What am I missing? or maybe it is not possible to ahve this functionality?

anyone else having this issue?
I am on 10.0.700.1

thanks Pierre

Are you using the event wizard from the customization toold dialoge? it doesnt look like it has been declared properly.

Yes all done by wizard… if not declared properly…well it is a wizard issue !!!

so what I would need to change in order to make it work?

Pierre

It may well be a wizard issue. I just tried it and the AfterFieldChange event is not even firing.

Wow…

Sounds like I will revert to detecting the actual textbox leave event then…!!

thanks

Pierre

The wizard assumes there is a UD13_Column in your customization (natively there is)
Simply find that line and replace it with

.UD13Data.UD13.ColumnChanged

Insead of the UD13_Column

Go to that line that is erroring out and replace the UD13_Column with the above.

Thanks Jose

You pointed me to the right direction… your suggestion did not work, giving me same errors…but the following did work:

this._ud13Adapter.UD13Data.UD13.ColumnChanged += new DataColumnChangeEventHandler(this.UD13_AfterFieldChange);

And the event fired as expected.

Thanks again
Pierre

That is exactly what I suggested… lol glad it works

1 Like