Adding a BAQ to Fulfillment WorkBench "Job Fulfillment" Search (BAQ TAB)

How would one go about referencing a BAQ in Fulfillment workbench’s “Job Fulfillment” (BAQ Tab Search)? I created my BAQ and linked in JobHead and JobMtl primary key’s for sysrowid and tried using either one in the BAQ’s “BAQ Search” for like columns. But referencing both tables primary keys does not seem to link my BAQ back to fulfillment workbench. Am I missing the wrong primary key reference?

*I have closed out of Epicor and cleared my cache.

The like field needs to be the key that is being searched in your search box. JobNum perhaps?

When you create a BAQ search. Do you have to create a dashboard that represents it as well?

You should only have to do that for the advanced search I think. The BAQ search should stay in the search window. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong, I didn’t verify that)

From reading other posts that’s what I thought as well. I will play around more with the like field and see what works as the key field.

I know there was a bug where things were showing up where they shouldn’t, which basically meant that the BAQ search tab that you have in your screen shot was useless because it didn’t actually change whether something showed up or not. I don’t know what version your on, or if they fixed it or not.

A workaround would be to make the the dashboard and used the advanced search instead of the baq search. I found it gives more control anyways, although we still don’t use it much.

We are on version 8 of 10.2

@Chris_Conn @Banderson With testing JOBHEAD.JOBNUM or JOBMTL.JOBNUM and making the query shared and open for all companies. It looks as though the BAQ tab still does not populate with my query. I will submit a ticket to see if I can track this down further.

@Chris_Conn @Banderson Sometimes I forget about the support database for existing ticket solutions . But with referencing the ticket:

https://epicorcs.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0038130&sysparm_stack=no&sysparm_context=popup&sysparm_no_create=true&sysparm_no_update=true&sysparm_no_info=true&sysparm_no_history=true&sysparm_no_suggest=true&sysparm_no_create_incident=true&sysparm_no_rating=true

It turns out the key field for the BAQ to show up was “PartDtl.SysRowID”. I wish there was a way to determine the key field you need to reference when creating these.

1 Like

I’ve never seen that before. How do you get into this?

edit. That must just be the service portal. The link doesn’t bring me there, but if I seach for KN0038130 I can find the article in the service portal.

@Banderson Sorry I say support database. Usually if you are writing up a ticket. You will get references to similar tickets that have been resolved.

I’m trying to add a BAQ search to Fulfillment WorkBench, Orders (rather than Job). I have the search showing using the PartDtl.SysRowID as the Like column. No matter what I select in results, I cannot get records to show in the workbench. They will show when using the built in search.

Would you mine sharing your BAQ? even though it is for job fulfillment it may help me.

Thanks!

RAS_FWB_Whse_Zone.zip (29.2 KB)

1 Like

Thanks! Are you using the quick search method with this BAQ or are you using regular search and then going to the BAQ tab?

Regular search then going to BAQ tab.

Ok, thank you. I don’t get any lines to load in fulfillment workbench this way. I will keep working at it. Thanks for your help!

Found the answer for our case if it helps anyone else:

“A BAQ search on fulfillment workbench, while bringing back results in the search grid will not bring those results to the workbench if Site Configuration’s Require Ready To Fulfill is checked.”

https://epicorcs.service-now.com/epiccare?id=form&sys_id=1084d76fdbae97481d1877e9af9619f6&table=problem&view=csp

2 Likes

We actually ran into this occurrence a few days okay during testing. Nice catch. Sorry for not remembering.

What criteria is required to pull in the search results into the workbench? I am pulling in the PartDtl table but only some are pulled into the results while others are not. Is there a criteria being used in the base search results to mirror in a BAQ? How would I re-create the search results in a BAQ?