Actual Cost Blank Title 125059

Good Day Blue:

There are some loose ends to your question:

Are they ‘buying’ from Main company, or direct from maker?

Do you transfer inventory with internal sales-orders, or Transfer-actions.

Do you need it to hit the G/L that way, or if just reports, you can get cost from Transaction-Records rather the System-Inventory-Cost ( average, Std. or last)

What cost do you use in general: Average, Standard, or Last?

1. Using ‘average’ cost would stock them at 1.50, so 20 x 1.5 = $30. But I do not think that would work for you.

2. FIFO and LIFO track each receipt through the system. I have never used it, but I do not know how much control you have over what FIFI-Receipt to use.

3. If just for reporting, and not G/L, you can us cost from other files ( trans, Order, PO, etc) instead of the system cost ( ave, std, last)

4. Different Plants can have different costs.

5. If just a few, you could have separate bins for different cost:  but only for reporting, not ( I don’t think) for Transactions.

Len

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bluewine@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:20 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Actual Cost

It appears we've a requirement to track Actual Costs for our German subsidiary. For example, if 10 of item x is purchased at $1 and then 10 at $2, we have to keep track of which are $1 and which are $2. I assume Lot Control can do this but the Stock Status shows 20x2 - $40, not 10x1 plus 10x2 - $30. Any ideas on this?

This e-mail and any attachments may contain proprietary and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail or at 410-472-2900 and then delete the message without using, disseminating, or copying this message or any portion thereof. With e-mail communications you are urged to protect against viruses.
It appears we've a requirement to track Actual Costs for our German subsidiary. For example, if 10 of item x is purchased at $1 and then 10 at $2, we have to keep track of which are $1 and which are $2. I assume Lot Control can do this but the Stock Status shows 20x2 - $40, not 10x1 plus 10x2 - $30. Any ideas on this?